Ghoward2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2015-05-29
    Number of posts : 48

Mystery Blue Swiss Wool Uniform

Post by Ghoward2 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:56 pm

Hey folks!

I picked this set up a while back and I am curious if you all might know more about it.
    The standard uniform is much more grey than this set but I have no doubt of its legitimacy.

My best guess is that it is some sort of artillery set.

And here is a standard color piece:

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5569

Re: Mystery Blue Swiss Wool Uniform

Post by CollectinSteve on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:14 am

I am also interested in knowing more about these uniforms! I've got a small collection and no idea about what they are.

The odd thing is the jacket has internal pockets while for at least 100 years the tradition is external pockets. I have one with straight pocket flaps that appears to be for cavalry.

The double breasted jackets come in several styles from what I've seen. They appear to be a mid season coat vs. the full length great coat. I've seen them with both internal and external pockets.

BTW, mine are still up for sale/trade Very Happy

Steve

Ghoward2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2015-05-29
    Number of posts : 48

Post by Ghoward2 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:26 am

CollectinSteve wrote:I am also interested in knowing more about these uniforms! I've got a small collection and no idea about what they are.  

The odd thing is the jacket has internal pockets while for at least 100 years the tradition is external pockets.  I have one with straight pocket flaps that appears to be for cavalry.

The double breasted jackets come in several styles from what I've seen.  They appear to be a mid season coat vs. the full length great coat.  I've seen them with both internal and external pockets.

BTW, mine are still up for sale/trade Very Happy

Steve

Yeah there seem to be many models from the Swiss during this period. I have two of those double breasted smocks (one of which I'm trying to get rid of) and one of the greatcoats they are all made extremely well.

I think the Swiss soldiers were given some freedom with how they modified their garments.

I know! You never responded to my last email! Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:29 pm

Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:29 pm