Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 57

Some Bulgarian Stuff

Post by TennoHeikaNate on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:59 am

Here's a little post for Alex  Very Happy

With shipping prices I haven't had a whole lot of luck finding good priced Bulgarian stuff, but I got lucky recently with a couple pieces.

First off is a Bulgarian M72 helmet dated 1981, based on the Italian M33. Has a broken liner piece but otherwise in good condition, I'd like to find a Splinter cover for it someday as well.

Next up, a woodland DPM shirt. This one is dated 2007, and has badges for a paratrooper of the 68th Special Forces Brigade. Considering the number of Bulgarian paratroopers there are I thought it was a neat find, it was fun looking up the history of the Bulgarian para brigade.

And finally, most recently, I picked up an un-issued Zhabezhka kozha "Frogskin" coverall. By far one of the coolest patterns I've seen.
    As I understand they were issued to paratroopers, chemical troops, and either Border Guards or Federal Border Guards/Patrol.
    No markings besides the size tag unfortunately, unless I'm just blind. It fits perfectly and has some good features for a simple coverall.
    Button cuffs and pants legs, chest mag pockets, two hand patch pockets and two small button pockets, as well as a thick drawstring waist and neat hood.

The chest pockets have 3 slots for magazines, two for AKs and a third skinny one, maybe for an SMG?

The interior, showing drawstring waist and size tag

The lower hand pockets and smaller button ones

Sleeve cuffs and lower pockets

Not a part of my collection but apparently before camouflage the same style coverall was used, just in green.

Kinda hard finding good photos of it in use.

I'll be adding more to this thread as I find them, hopefully next will be some Splinter and eventually one of the old Splinter coveralls.

Enjoy!
    -Nate
    Camonut314
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 226

Re: Some Bulgarian Stuff

Post by Camonut314 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks for the reference pics!
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5886

Post by CollectinSteve on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks for the pictures! Some Frogskin pics I've not seen before, so kudos for those! I've also not seen the solid olive drab (green) coveralls before.

Here's a thread I started on coveralls:

http://iacmc.forumotion.com/t9627-bulgarian-post-war-camouflage-coveralls

Steve
    dynamo.alex
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2012-11-20
    Number of posts : 528

Post by dynamo.alex on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:16 pm

Nice bunch of things there mate ... the solid green coverall is astonishing ... you don't really see any of those here in BG, these are incredibly rare nowadays ... excellent ref pictures, too ... nice one. btw. I'll get you a splinter cover for your M72 pot ... PM me for shipping details ...
    TennoHeikaNate
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 57

Post by TennoHeikaNate on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Thanks all, I checked out the coverall thread, nice stuff there! I'll be sure to get back to you Alex for one of those helmet covers!
    Also, sorry if linking is not allowed, but here's the listing for that OD coverall, up for anyone who wants it:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-BULGARIAN-PARATROOPER-JUMP-SMOCK-COVERALL-SOLDIERS-UNIFORM-with-HOOD-/232038482053

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:47 am