IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
LeeKitchen1975
Badwolf151
6 posters

Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment

Badwolf151
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2017-05-10
    Number of posts : 14

Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Empty Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment

Post by Badwolf151 Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:46 am

Nothing too special here, but figured I'd share what I've got here!
    Certainly think the S95 pattern of uniform is expertly made, I can understand why some folk think its one of the best patterns out there!

S95 Woodland Smock. Gold standard for smocks. Makes for a pretty good parka actually, I've worn it in conjunction with a down layer I have in minus 25 with windchill. Really holds up well... As far as I'm concerned, if it works in a Canadian winter, its golden
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Dscf1012
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Smock_10

S95 Field Jacket. Have yet to see one of these un-faded
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Dscf1015
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Field_10

Simple S95 shirt and trousers
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Dscf1014
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Wood_b10

Desert S95 DPM, and the only badged set I have. I'm not too good with UK TRFs, but I believe that's Royal Logistics Corps. The seller suggested that it was probably from UN mission in Africa, but I'm thinking Cyprus is the better bet
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Dscf1013
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Dscf1016
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Dscf1011
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Desert10

Cheers guys!
    LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Name : Lee
    Registration date : 2012-09-11
    Number of posts : 553

Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Empty Re: Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment

Post by LeeKitchen1975 Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:49 am

Nice start that buddy!!
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-09
    Number of posts : 6906

Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Empty Re: Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Excellent to see some of the more common, but neglected, British kit.

The desert tropical could be from Golan. Looking at pics of Cyprus it appears the Brits often wore the green tropical, though I did find a couple of them in the desert version. Might help to figure out what unit this is from as you can probably rule out one or the other.

Steve
    Badwolf151
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Badwolf151 Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:58 am

CollectinSteve wrote:Excellent to see some of the more common, but neglected, British kit.

The desert tropical could be from Golan.  Looking at pics of Cyprus it appears the Brits often wore the green tropical, though I did find a couple of them in the desert version.  Might help to figure out what unit this is from as you can probably rule out one or the other.

Steve

Thanks Steve!
    Yeah, I was thinking that too, can't think of anywhere else in a desert environment where the British have been sent, save for maybe UNIKOM. That being said, I did try searching for British troops as part of UNTSO, but I wasn't able to find anything, hence my primary suspicion towards Cyprus. That, and I know that some time in the 2000s, the Army in Cyprus changed uniforms to the Desert pattern, including UN personnel as well as personnel at Akrotiri. I'll put some photos down here of both patterns in service.

Sadly, the vendor included no information of unit, and there's no other badges or patches that would give any clues. Still, largely happy... Never really run into patched UN items before Smile

Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Comment-koumoullis-UN-soldier-entering-the-Green-Line-in-Nicosia.-Partition-could-mean-this-becoming-part-of-a-border-with-Turkey-770x536
    Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment 00000137g
    dee222
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-04-04
    Number of posts : 89

Post by dee222 Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:47 am

There is the possibility that its from Afghanistan pre ISAF the first units there wore UN badges I have 2 shirts in my collection for 8 transport regiment both have the UN badge on them, the badge on your shirt is Royal Logistics Corps you find that trf with both a sand embroidered edge and green edge for both desert and temperate uniform.
    Badwolf151
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Badwolf151 Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:28 am

Thanks dee222, I didn't know that!
    Always assumed first units in Kabul were without UN badges. Its a shame the British Army never had something like NSN codes that would help to date uniforms. If I were able to confirm it was from 2001, I'd be really excited!
    JON4188

Registration date : 2017-07-01
    Number of posts : 2

Post by JON4188 Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi all. The Brit kit does have NSN, Nato stock Numbers on its kit.
    Regards
    Jon
    Badwolf151
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Badwolf151 Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:48 am

Decided to take another plunge into British Militaria and get myself a Desert Smock! Overall, very pleased about this acquisition... Never had anything show up unissued!

Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Dsc111

Especially happy I can actually date the item too. I suspect a good assortment of desert items manufactured in 2008 ended up surplus given the introduction of MTP (and effective suspension of DDPM as a result).

Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Dscf1114

Unfolded in all it's glory! Unlike the woodland, a simple shoulder pocket on the left sleeve takes the place of the hook-and-loop patches for this smock

Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Dscf1115

Tag

Small bit of my collection: S95 assortment Dscf1113
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-02-03
    Number of posts : 93

Post by Bert353 Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 pm

I also noted that not always british kit has the material specification on the tag's???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:39 pm