IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
mylle
vonstuck
ripcord
Philip
jimmyduncan23
9 posters

Qatari Splinter

jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2011-07-29
    Number of posts : 1482

Qatari Splinter Empty Qatari Splinter

Post by jimmyduncan23 Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:38 am

Qatari Splinter 20170715Qatari Splinter 20170714Qatari Splinter 20170712Qatari Splinter 20170713Qatari Splinter 20170716Qatari Splinter 20170711
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Qatari Splinter Empty Re: Qatari Splinter

Post by Philip Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Very interesting camo!

ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2768

Post by ripcord Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Qatari Marines .

These uniforms are manufactured in Turkey and are of good quality.

Official tags have been replaced with tags that only show size information due to supposed copyright issues.

Qatari Splinter Dscn6710

Qatari Splinter Dscn6711

Qatari Splinter Dscn6712

Qatari Splinter Dscn6713

Qatari Splinter Dscn6714

Qatari Splinter Dscn6715

Qatari Splinter Dscn6716

S
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 3395

Post by vonstuck Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Really Qatari Marines ?
    I not found evidence of the use of this pattern
    Gilles

ripcord likes this post

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 pm

This pattern has been in use since 2015; I believe the ( Marines ) cut is relatively new..

Qatari Splinter S-l50011

S
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

Post by jimmyduncan23 Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Colours are different also. I believe its mor sf cut and pattern due to the colours are close to the old sf pattern.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Gilles is right! This is a different pattern..

Not only different but the set I posted has 3 colours compared to the 4 colours of your set..

My contact assures me the set is legit issue .  Very possible SF can use this as well as marines.

There is a new SF desert uniform as well, but with a more DPM look and totally differnt colors.

S
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Also there is no Qatari Marines. Embarassed

Apparently, I was given some bum info and I did not check it out .

Source swears the uniform is legitimate current Quatari military  issue.

Guess we'll find out..

S
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2283

Post by mylle Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:14 pm

Looks interesting. Pattern and cut....Tag looks similar to the surplus market Swedish M90 stuff with the replaced tags.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:20 am

I'm suspicious, Rip.  The ones in the real world picture you posted appear to be BDU with epaulets, which is consistent with the region and contrary to the cut you have. Yours is in a straight ACU copy without epaulets or button down belt loops, which I'd bet a month's wages are present on the genuine issue uniforms in that picture (even though we can't see them). Epaulets and button down belt loops aren't a 100% sure thing or Middle Eastern Uniforms, but the absence of them should raise red flags until confirmed.

Lastly, there is the tag.  That does look like the same cheap tags that were put on the re-processed and de-milled Swedish tropical uniforms.  But unlike the Swedish uniforms, what you have appears to have been factory sewn into the collar, whereas with the Swedish ones they were obviously sewn post manufacture.

I can not count how many times someone has told me a uniform is "genuine issue" because they don't understand what a "genuine issue" uniform is to us collectors.  To some as long as the camouflage pattern looks kinda the same that's "genuine issue" for them.  Or if it is made by a genuine military contractor it's "genuine issue". Or they're shifty and are telling you what they know you want to hear. I always presume ignorance rather than bad intentions.

My guess is this is genuine issue cloth and genuine issue buttons made by a genuine issue military contractor, but it was made in a non-genuine issue cut.  Since ACU patterns are cheap and readily available, that's the one they went with.

Steve
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:31 am

I can understand someone being dubious of this set...

But after consulting with a couple of collectors including one who has one as well, I believe this could be legit..

Many reasons lead me to conclude that but I'll start at the beginning..

The  uniform that Jimmy posted and that starts this thred is the same uniform being worn by Qatari personnel in the photo I posted.     We know that uniform is legit because it has legit tags.

The cut is classic BDU with some small differences.  It does have epaulettes, but no button down oversize beltloops a la Gulf Arab states . If you'd bet a month's wage on that you would have lost . Very Happy

My uniform is totally different but for the similarities of the pattern.   Obviously the colors are different and are only 3 compared with Jimmy 's BDU type which has 4.

I am convinced both uniforms ( and others ) are made in the same factory ( in Turkey ).

Believe mine is a new type that is either in process of being issued, or will be issued in near future; probably to special ops troops, but  obviously not marines.

In most cases non genuine uniforms are  cheap and usually shoddy.   This unifom is neither.   The sewing is good as is the material which is a stretchy lightweight ripstop.

The buttons appear to be legit qatari armed forces buttons and are used throughout. Zippers are used for chest and sleeve pockets .
    Use of velcro is limited to 2 strips above the chest pockets and 2 sleeve pocket panels for patches .
    When looking at the trousers of both Jimmy 's and my sets, it is obvious the waist cinches are quite unique and identical in design..   Not something associated with cheap copies.
    Also, the buttons of both uniforms are sown in the same unique way.

As mentioned, the M90 batch had  tags sown in post production.    I believe generic tags on my set and others like mine were sown at the factory with the intent of selling pilfered uniforms to collectors.

I could be wrong, and often am, but I believe we will see more of this uniform and other new patterns for this nation in the future ..

S
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:31 pm

Two sayings come to mind:

1. Anything is possible
    2. Proof is in the pudding

Smile

For myself, I'm putting this into the "don't rule it out, can't rule it in" category. A single clear picture of it in use would easily settle this. Maybe one of your contacts that insists it's genuine issue can offer up a picture?

I agree there are some features on your uniform that are not common, but I've recently given up putting faith in quality to confirm a uniform or rule it out. China, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, etc. are all doing high quality fancy stuff these days. Not as much for the commercial markets, true enough, but it's not like it used to be. Which sucks, because I liked the old days!

Steve
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

Post by jimmyduncan23 Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:16 am

I believe the seller is the same seller i got the official uniform off. So i would tend more to the real. Unknown unit/service of qatar
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Here is an interesting photo.

Clearly shows Jimmy's uniform but also a new desert SF type uniform.

The former are still available with legit tags from my source while the latter are also available from the same source but do not have legit issue tags .

I think the new desert SF type uniform and the one I posted may be new issue to Qatar spec ops forces.

Qatari Splinter 092a8910

Qatari Splinter S-l16010

S
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Ooo!!! That's beautiful! I've always been a sucker for orange based DPM.

Note that this example has... epaulets Smile It might seem strange for me to keep coming back to a rather minor feature, but it's one of the few things that's been consistently seen on ME uniforms for the past 3-4 decades of camouflage. Even this latest example of a modern ME uniform, which is definitely influenced by ACU, has epaulets. Of course it is absolutely possible that one uniform broke with the tradition, it's just still a red flag in my head until a photo puts it to rest.

Steve
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Some decent pieces coming from Turkey lately..

Yes, epaulettes are big in the ME . Seems that it is still the preferred method of affixing rank.

I keep coming back to quality with this uniform. If it is legit, I'm certain we'll find out soon enough..

If it's not legit , it is still a beatiful quality uniform that I like alot ..

S
    Zedthefed
    Zedthefed
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Sam
    Registration date : 2015-07-08
    Number of posts : 92

Post by Zedthefed Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:57 pm

I got a set last month probably from the same guy. It's nice s***.
    Qatari Splinter _1017210

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:01 pm

ripcord wrote:Some decent pieces coming from Turkey lately..

Yes, epaulettes are big in the ME .   Seems that it is still the preferred method of affixing rank.

I keep coming back to quality with this uniform. If it is legit, I'm certain we'll find out soon enough..

If it's not legit , it is still a beatiful quality uniform that I like alot ..

S

Agreed that you win either way, and that's a great position to be in Wink

Interesting to think that Turkey might be the new South Korea for Middle Eastern uniform production. Makes total sense.

Steve
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Still looking.. Laughing

Qatari Splinter 44ffaa10

Qatari Splinter 62017110

Qatari Splinter Ea_12011

Qatari Splinter 17082110

Qatari Splinter S-l16011

Last photo shows some  recent graduates from SF course.

S
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Keep 'em coming!

Steve
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Not that clear of a photo..but a possible...

Qatari Splinter 1000w_11

S
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by vonstuck Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Qatari Splinter 100_3010

Qatari Splinter 100_3011

Qatari Splinter 100_3012

Qatari Splinter Quatar10
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by vonstuck Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Qatari Splinter 100_3310

Qatari Splinter 100_3311
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:06 pm

ripcord wrote:Not that clear of a photo..but a possible...

Front and rear guys are wearing the super awesome subdued orange DPM, middle guy appears to be wearing the BDU splinter. No obvious arm pocket on that one and I think I can see an epaulet.

Thanks for posting the pics Gilles. Any of you guys collecting in this area, get one if you can. I will live vicariously through you because I'm not collecting stuff from the ME any more. Darn it.

Steve
    jason11
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-06-03
    Number of posts : 37

Post by jason11 Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Qatari Splinter Dk0cr011

Qatari Splinter Here_y12

In 2015 Turkish company awarded qatar military uniform contract (and yes they beat sritex from indonesia)
    and sells some contract overrun to commercial market.
    some have with legit tags and some have with shoddy white tags due to copyright issue.
    shame about tags but still great quality uniform.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:01 am