IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Raptor
CollectinSteve
mylle
Camo_fiend
8 posters

New (possible) uniform of the Swiss Armed Forces?

Sanglier
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2022-08-04
    Number of posts : 28

New (possible) uniform of the Swiss Armed Forces? - Page 3 Empty Re: New (possible) uniform of the Swiss Armed Forces?

Post by Sanglier Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:46 am

What's the lady Hauptmann wearing in this photo? Obviously this is some sort of military celebration event where everyone is dressed up in historical uniforms, representing a wide range of periods and branches of service, including a Soldat Läppli lookalike hamming it up for giggles. However, their heartily entertained commander(?) is wearing something that I have never seen before. It looks like a custom-tailored field coat featuring details that go way back, such as its double-breasted fly with simulated Waffenfarbe piping and a full skirt (Ord 1861?), as well as collar and sleeve patches from Ord 14 and later regulations. The camo kepi cover is also a unique touch. I suppose the whole thing could be a ceremonial costume specifically made for the occasion, but everyone else in the photo is wearing real vintage uniforms, so maybe this is also a real thing?  

New (possible) uniform of the Swiss Armed Forces? - Page 3 5a7be8c4af74b4ddf7d2e54c39c74f5e
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-09
    Number of posts : 6916

New (possible) uniform of the Swiss Armed Forces? - Page 3 Empty Re: New (possible) uniform of the Swiss Armed Forces?

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:38 am

That's cool! I agree that it looks like a custom made uniform, perhaps specifically for this event. This is a fantastic picture for more than that. Look all all those beautiful examples of past Swiss uniforms! I would have liked to been there for this event.

Steve

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:47 am