IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

SFOR Uniform

Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 399

SFOR Uniform Empty SFOR Uniform

Post by Camonut314 Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Hey guys! Going along with my other post, I know I've been kind of absent as of late. I'm hoping over the winter to be able to contribute a little bit more after I graduate in 4 days (fingers crossed!). Also, I wasn't certain whether to post this in the France section or Bosnia, but I'll leave that for the administrators to decide.

Perhaps this is not the rarest, nor even the most stellar example of the uniform considering it is missing its name tag. But I know that it is 100% authentic because I bought it from the US service man who brought it back, and I was lucky enough to talk to the seller who told me a little bit about his service over there as well as before and after. Part of the Minnesota National Guard, the serviceman served in Vietnam from 67-71 as part of signals/intelligence. Later he was stationed in Germany, and when the call came out he volunteered to serve in HUMINT as part of the 2003-2004 contingent of SFOR. After this, he volunteered for a stint in Iraq 2008-2009. I wish I knew more about the French soldier who wore this, but I still feel honored to be able to own this piece of history and share it.

SFOR Uniform 12151917

SFOR Uniform 12151918

SFOR Uniform 12151919

SFOR Uniform 12151920

SFOR Uniform 12151921
    belgium_one
    belgium_one
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Seb
    Registration date : 2015-11-10
    Number of posts : 471

SFOR Uniform Empty Re: SFOR Uniform

Post by belgium_one Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:32 am

Hello Smile
    the french flag is on the wrong side ! Mad

usually , in military operations , french soldiers worn the national flag on the left shoulder

Salutations
    Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 399

Post by Camonut314 Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Thanks! I figured it was, but this was how I received it. Perhaps the original owner kept the patches separate and forgot how they went on.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Post by ripcord Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Hey, G.

While these uniforms in used conditions are far from rare, or even scarce, they are still very cool and comfortable and among the most affordable .

Found this Legion example without patching awhile back .  Also found a set in new conditions ( and my sizes ).   Blouses in new conditions are extremely affordable, but new trousers still command a hefty price.

SFOR Uniform Dscn8921

SFOR Uniform Dscn8922

SFOR Uniform Dscn8923

S

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:34 pm