IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag?

ABLcollector50s60s
    ABLcollector50s60s
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2020-01-26
    Number of posts : 97

Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? Empty Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag?

Post by ABLcollector50s60s Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Hello everyone,
    I bought recently some Belgian tent bags, but on one of them there is a small modification on it. Is this stroke from the brushstroke camouflage pattern or is it M&B?Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? 20200613
    Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? 20200612
    Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Mike Fincher
    Registration date : 2016-12-07
    Number of posts : 438

Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? Empty Re: Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag?

Post by Antarmike Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:01 pm

I have several garments where Moon and balls has been repaired with Brushstroke.   I also have Brishstroke repaied with Jigsaw.   mix and match seems faily normal practice for these repairs.  

Of course this tent half strage bag also forms the hood to cover one's head, when the Pup tent half is worn as a poncho.  So it is as much a clothing item, as it is a storage bag....

Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? Pup-tent
    ABLcollector50s60s
    ABLcollector50s60s
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? Empty Re: Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag?

Post by ABLcollector50s60s Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:33 am

I knew the bag was also used as a hood for the poncho. Thanks for the information.
    Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by Antarmike Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:07 pm

ABLcollector50s60s wrote:I knew the bag was also used as a hood for the poncho. Thanks for the information.

Have you ever worked out exactly how though? Has anyone ever seen official photos? I have tried several ways of buttoning up the ponch and attaching the hood but every way I have tried it nothing quite seems to line up.
    ABLcollector50s60s
    ABLcollector50s60s
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by ABLcollector50s60s Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:45 pm

Antarmike wrote:Have you ever worked out exactly how though?   Has anyone ever seen official photos?  I have tried several ways of buttoning up the ponch and attaching the hood but every way I have tried it nothing quite seems to line up.  

I found this pictures on the forum.

Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? 006_zp10
    Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? 008_zp10
    Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? 009_zp10
    Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by Antarmike Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:18 pm

I have tried putting edge to edge like that and it didn't seem right.

The best I can now do is to overlap the two edges and button to the second ror of buttons not the first.

Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? DSCF7202

This gives a closer fit to the body and also the overlap stops rain prnrtrating so much at the front join.

Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? DSCF7203
    Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? DSCF7204

The fiiting of the hood to the tent half is more problematic.

If you centre the hood on the available buttons around the top of the ponch, there are two pairs of holes and two pairs of buttons that line up but the length between holes 2 and 3 is longer than the length beyween buttons 2 and 3 so there is a baggy bit of material.

Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? DSCF7205

Two pairs of buttons line up with two pairs of holes but there is loose material between these two pairs of fasteners, even though a hangong loop is bang in the middle if the cape, and central to the hood.

[url=https://postimg.cc/FfStXbR1]Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? DSCF7206

ABLcollector50s60s likes this post

ABLcollector50s60s
    ABLcollector50s60s
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by ABLcollector50s60s Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:26 pm

With you, the buttons of the poncho are all ready while in the picture I gave them, they are only ready from above.

I also found this picture with the green canvas.
    Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? Downlo10
    Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? Images10
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Post by Wolverine Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:35 pm

I would love to see a picture of a soldier wearing the tent sheet with the hood in real life.

Getting back to the original issue, I have different Belgian clothing items showing repairs with pieces of camouflage cloth that are different patterns from the work pieces.
    Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by Antarmike Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:30 pm

ABLcollector50s60s wrote:With you, the buttons of the poncho are all ready while in the picture I gave them, they are only ready from above.

I also found this picture with the green canvas.
    Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? Downlo10
    Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? Images10

That image is genrally identified as Dutch Poncho

Brushstroke on a moon&balls shelter bag? Screenshot-820
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Post by Wolverine Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:45 pm

It's Belgian.

The Dutch used shelter halves identical to the US pattern and rain capes very much like the British wartime pattern.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:56 am