IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fission Fragment Decay and fallout Guide / Commanders Radiation Guide

Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Mike Fincher
    Registration date : 2016-12-07
    Number of posts : 438

Fission Fragment Decay and fallout Guide / Commanders Radiation Guide Empty Fission Fragment Decay and fallout Guide / Commanders Radiation Guide

Post by Antarmike Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:18 am

I have a Belgian Army circular slide rule, that I am trying to find information on.  Made in Germany for both US and Belgium commanders.

I have posted in the Belgium Forum and got no response, but I am hoping that more of these RADIAC calculators might have been issued to US troops than were in use with the ABL.

Can anyone link to more information about how exactly the guide is used.  

I believe there were instructions for using this item,  Instruction Pamphlet for Commander's Radiation Guide. AGL (1) 3-59-13M-70955.

Is there any chance anyone has this pamphlet which they could copy or would sell?

Failing that does anyone have a link to a PDF of this pamphlet or any other material relating to its use.  TIA Mike.

https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/sliderules/nestler.htm

Fission Fragment Decay and fallout Guide / Commanders Radiation Guide DSCF8007
    Fission Fragment Decay and fallout Guide / Commanders Radiation Guide DSCF8008
    Fission Fragment Decay and fallout Guide / Commanders Radiation Guide DSCF8009
    Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Mike Fincher
    Registration date : 2016-12-07
    Number of posts : 438

Fission Fragment Decay and fallout Guide / Commanders Radiation Guide Empty Re: Fission Fragment Decay and fallout Guide / Commanders Radiation Guide

Post by Antarmike Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:54 am

A facebook group where I asked the same question has come up with this.

Not exactly the same calculator, but near enough that I now understand and can use one side of the calculator, and at least part of the other side.

https://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-3-6665-303-10.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1V5-GMOgZZmbd2evCjTpf9SkL6gN9IIWaym8YlXUsNLTmnvswqSqf1WI4

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:58 pm