IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

A question about two SSI of different units on uniforms.

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

A question about two SSI of different units on uniforms. Empty A question about two SSI of different units on uniforms.

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:22 am

Hello, I'm wondering why I usually see uniforms with two different unit SSIs?

For instance, I've seen jungle jacket with 1st calvary on one side and another with 101st. It would be common for soldier who have two tours and transferred to different unit?

I usually see SF patch with other SSI which makes sense because SF group may be attached to a unit. Same for Ranger, but however, 101st and 1st calvary?

Thanks in advance.

A question about two SSI of different units on uniforms. Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    swag
    swag
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Number of posts : 369

A question about two SSI of different units on uniforms. Empty Re: A question about two SSI of different units on uniforms.

Post by swag Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:02 pm

With BDU's, DCU's, and ACU's the patch that is on the left sleeve is for the unit of current assignment for that soldier while the patch on the right sleeve is commonly called the combat patch, signifing service with that unit in a combat zone.
    Thats the down and dirty answer.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:11 pm