IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

DPM PLCE Rucksack question

matchstick
    matchstick
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2022-07-08
    Number of posts : 45

DPM PLCE Rucksack question Empty DPM PLCE Rucksack question

Post by matchstick Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:55 am

I've recently acquired a DPM PLCE Rucksack with a form of quick release buckles fitted, they appear original to the rucksack but
    I've never come across it before. Would they have originally been on in or are they a refit and just been on so long that they look
    original? I'm going with the Rucksack being an early 90's one as the padding in the back is vertical not horizontal and the zips have metal stays at the ends instead of all plastic although the label is missing from the lid.

I can't seem to attach pictures for some reason and haven't been able to track down any interweb pictures showing the type fitted on mine.

mrspudly likes this post

HEB
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-10-27
    Number of posts : 222

DPM PLCE Rucksack question Empty Re: DPM PLCE Rucksack question

Post by HEB Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:10 pm

you could upload the pics to imgur for example
    mrspudly
    mrspudly

Name : John
    Registration date : 2011-07-06
    Number of posts : 4

Post by mrspudly Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:10 pm

matchstick wrote:I've recently acquired a DPM PLCE Rucksack with a form of quick release buckles fitted, they appear original to the rucksack but
    I've never come across it before. Would they have originally been on in or are they a refit and just been on so long that they look
    original? I'm going with the Rucksack being an early 90's one as the padding in the back is vertical not horizontal and the zips have metal stays at the ends instead of all plastic although the label is missing from the lid.

I can't seem to attach pictures for some reason and haven't been able to track down any interweb pictures showing the type fitted on mine.

I'm assuming the quick release buckles are on the shoulder straps ? I was lucky enough to own one of these patterns and they are genuine issue item, I think it's the mark V version with the latest upgrades and improvments to the back system and the mentioned quick release buckles on the shoulder straps, I think the sternum strap was issued around this time aswel.
    matchstick
    matchstick
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2022-07-08
    Number of posts : 45

Post by matchstick Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:24 pm

[/quote]

I'm assuming the quick release buckles are on the shoulder straps ? I was lucky enough to own one of these patterns and they are genuine issue item, I think it's the mark V version with the latest upgrades and improvements to the back system and the mentioned quick release buckles on the shoulder straps, I think the sternum strap was issued around this time as well.[/quote]

Yep on both shoulder straps, I've just got another one that has intact buckles on both straps unlike the one I got when I posted this.
    The long back that I got first has the old 2 prong frame and vertical Berghaus style padding on the back but is missing the label so
    no idea what year it was but would guess 1992 as I've not personally seen any DPM ones dated prior to that, the one I've just got is dated 1993 and a short back but has the 3 pronged frame and the horizontal style padding used up until the retirement of PLCE.

If either of them had sternum straps they're long gone. Only bummer with the quick release buckles utilized on the shoulder straps for these is I can't seem to track any replacements down short of sourcing another bergen that comes fitted with them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:29 am