IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket

Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 399

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket Empty Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket

Post by Camonut314 Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:33 pm

Been a long time since I posted anything here (part laziness, part just not acquiring anything that I felt members of the forum would truly value). So, it seems appropriate to post something I've had in my collection a long time.

I don't know too much about this other than what one can see of the Jacket (Other terminology has this being a Parka, but I don't know what the French call it...) and the few pictures I have been able to find of it (or something of the same ilk) in use.

Straightforward: a copy of the US ECWCS Goretex jacket in a variation of French Lizard. Other photos have a pattern which is closer in color to the one featured in later TTA 47/56 garments, while this seems to have more of a grey, or faded background. Minor features differentiate from the US version, though strangely not so much the hardware. The lining is starting to go, and I don't imagine the waterproofing is too effective after all these years. But the jacket itself is still pretty solid.

My guess is that this would have been a private purchase item with, if not official sanction, than tolerated supplemental status (like the Puzzle-pattern K-way waterproof sets before them). That said, most of the pictures I have found seem to be of GIGN and other units which likely had more leeway when it came to purchasing gear in any case. That, and by this time, the French were already shifting over to CCE, and would soon start issuing their own modern waterproof, cold-weather garment.

Cheers!

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket 12282210

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket 12282211

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket 12282212

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket 12282213

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket 12282214

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket 12282215

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket 12282216

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket 12282217

Some of these images I am just guessing at. Most of them I believe to be GIGN, as previously stated. Though they might also be Marine Commando

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket 0_152710

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket Gign210

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket Gign2210

ripcord and TennoHeikaNate like this post

TennoHeikaNate
    TennoHeikaNate
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 322

Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket Empty Re: Lizard Camo Goretex Jacket

Post by TennoHeikaNate Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:24 pm

That's an awesome find! First I've ever seen of one, based on the tag I think you're right about it being a private purchase item, or possibly purchased on a small scale unit level.
    I've seen that last photo of the man with the camo netted scarf but never noticed his parka.
    Great shots of the FR-F1 too! Thanks for sharing.
    bousquet123
    bousquet123
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : BOUSQUET
    Registration date : 2012-02-06
    Number of posts : 80

Post by bousquet123 Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:07 pm

TennoHeikaNate wrote:That's an awesome find! First I've ever seen of one, based on the tag I think you're right about it being a private purchase item, or possibly purchased on a small scale unit level.
    I've seen that last photo of the man with the camo netted scarf but never noticed his parka.
    Great shots of the FR-F1 too! Thanks for sharing.

I've a complete set of this uniform (jacket and trousers) VTN was a private manufacturer of professionnal clothes. It produced special suits for 13 Régiment de Dragons Parachutistes, including this set and a goretex parka in woodland camo used during Daguet operation in Irak by 1RPima too, and also during African operations

ripcord and TennoHeikaNate like this post

Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 399

Post by Camonut314 Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:39 pm

Awesome! Thank you for the info. I had seen the photos of the Woodland suit in use by RPIMA, but I had always assumed that it was of US manufacture, given that there were already companies making commercial versions of the ECWCS jacket.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am