IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production?

Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Andy
    Registration date : 2016-02-12
    Number of posts : 2687

NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production? Empty NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production?

Post by Haydamaka Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:11 pm

Hello, dear colleagues!

As far as I understand, the year of production of these NVA Blumentarn pants is 1970?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and comments!
    NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production? 20230111
    NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production? 20230112
    NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production? 20230110
    NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production? 20230113
    NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production? 20230114
    NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production? Jahres10
    TennoHeikaNate
    TennoHeikaNate
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 323

NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production? Empty Re: NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production?

Post by TennoHeikaNate Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:56 pm

Nice find! Blumentarn is getting quite expensive in the US, so far I only have a zeltbahn in the pattern.
    In this case, the m/44 on both the stamp and the small tag is the size, here it stands for "Mittelgroß/44", for a height of 170-175cm (5'7-5'9in) and a waist of 71-78cm (28-30.5in).
    IIRC, blumentarn uses an older, more straightforward date system with the last two digits of the year separated by a / with the quarter, for example III/63 would be the third quarter of 1963. Your trousers seem to be missing or have lost their date stamp.
    Years ago I heard a run of repro blumentarn had hit the market, IDK if that's true and if so, how to tell between the reals and fakes. The corrosion forming on the suspender D-ring makes me think yours is good, but hopefully someone more knowledgeable can shed some light.

Haydamaka likes this post

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6907

NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production? Empty Re: NVA Blumentarn pants - year of production?

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:51 am

Looks like you have a very nice example!

As Nate pointed out, M in this case is the size. There is SK, K, M, G, SG from what I remember.

What you have is something produced after 1965 and before 1970. I grabbed a 1970 set of trousers I have handy and it has button/loop for hand pocket closure. I checked some reference material and yours is definitely earlier, so most likely between 1966 and 1968. I think production started in late 1965 and ceased in early 1969, so possible this specific example might be a little earlier or later.

This type is hard to get as it was produced in much smaller numbers, or perhaps destroyed in greater numbers, compared to the earlier models (hooded jackets, triple buttons on trousers). The features are the same as Strichtarn uniforms as they were made in parallel between 1965-1970.

Steve

TennoHeikaNate and Haydamaka like this post

Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Andy
    Registration date : 2016-02-12
    Number of posts : 2687

Post by Haydamaka Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:43 am

Nate, Steve, thank you very much for your comments and opinions! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:40 am