IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Rhodesian Tanker Helmet (Noddy Car Helm)

WeeeeeeWooooooo
    WeeeeeeWooooooo

Name : Jack
    Registration date : 2023-03-06
    Number of posts : 5

Rhodesian Tanker Helmet (Noddy Car Helm) Empty Rhodesian Tanker Helmet (Noddy Car Helm)

Post by WeeeeeeWooooooo Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:32 am

Recently was able to obtain a Rhodesian tanker helmet off of bidorbuy!
    Absolutely thrilled at this piece! Electronics have not yet been tested.
    Nicknamed the "Noddy Car Helm"
    Rhodesian Tanker Helmet (Noddy Car Helm) Noddy_11
    Rhodesian Tanker Helmet (Noddy Car Helm) Noddy_13
    Rhodesian Tanker Helmet (Noddy Car Helm) Hxkqta10

Ferdie likes this post

Ferdie
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2009-06-04
    Number of posts : 28

Rhodesian Tanker Helmet (Noddy Car Helm) Empty Re: Rhodesian Tanker Helmet (Noddy Car Helm)

Post by Ferdie Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:11 am

Cool, I didn’t knew tanker crews also wore camo overalls. And look the AK47s, also not standard use.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6909

Rhodesian Tanker Helmet (Noddy Car Helm) Empty Re: Rhodesian Tanker Helmet (Noddy Car Helm)

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:54 pm

Ferdie wrote:Cool, I didn’t knew tanker crews also wore camo overalls. And look the AK47s, also not standard use.

Yes, and from what I experienced years ago when I had one some sellers/collectors were labeling them "Fireforce" either out of ignorance or a shameful attempt to inflate the price.

Steve
    Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Number of posts : 251

Post by Thibir Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:50 pm

Ferdie wrote: And look the AK47s, also not standard use.

I think, that AKs were standard issue for Rhodesian tankers.

Poland suplied a lot of T-55 tanks to Libya, Polish version of AKMS were part of the deal as a crew weapons. Libya sold 10 their tanks to Uganda. Tanks boarded a ship and sailed along west and south coast of Africa. They should land at Kenya and continue on ground. However just as the ship passed the Cape of Good Hope the war in Uganda ended. The tanks were sold again and the ship was redirected to Angola. So they sailed along South African coast again and SA authorities stopped the ship. As they were currently in Border war with Angola they seized all 10 tanks. They kept 2 of them for evaluation and target practice and offered rest to the Rhodesian Armoured Corps. RAC accepted the gift. The AKs were still packed in the tanks, so they got accepted into Rhodesian Army and was kept as designated tank crew weapons.

Ferdie likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:34 pm