IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform

deltaevo978
    deltaevo978
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-04-13
    Number of posts : 170

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Empty Italian Army Trial desert Uniform

Post by deltaevo978 Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:30 pm

Italian Army Chocolate chips

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Desert12

I've find only this pic, anyone have much infos?

ripcord likes this post

Jackal
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2021-10-09
    Number of posts : 13

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Empty Re: Italian Army Trial desert Uniform

Post by Jackal Mon May 08, 2023 5:24 pm

I try to shed some light on this jacket.
    Some time ago the same model was posted on an Italian forum. It should be added that this type of camouflage has never been in use by the Italian army.il jacket model recalls the Mod.75 in Oliver dab. However, there are small differences in some details, the pocket closure flaps have buttonhole-shaped buttons, in army models the buttons are pressed. I personally own trousers but not "chocolate and chips "
    But in woodland, I initially thought it was a transition model, but from a thorough check I noticed several inconsistencies. An example on the label there is no contract number and not even the abbreviation of the armed force. I attach photos of my pants. The idea I got is that it is clothing for civilians, for those who practice hunting, fishing, here Military style
    Jackal
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Jackal Mon May 08, 2023 5:30 pm

Details of my pants.

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Screen17
    Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Screen18
    Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Screen19
    Jackal
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Jackal Mon May 08, 2023 5:34 pm

Model 75 by contract.
    Note in the third photo the logo of the armed forces is in contract number.

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Screen20
    Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Screen21
    Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Screen22
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6907

Post by CollectinSteve Tue May 09, 2023 3:05 am

There is also the uniform made out of Slovene Puzzle pattern. Probably the same thing:

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform _57-1010
    Italian Army Trial desert Uniform _5710

Steve
    Jackal
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Jackal Tue May 09, 2023 5:50 am

Hi Steve no this uniform has been distributed and used, even if it is a mistake of the manufacturer. There are photos that highlight the actual distribution. To the Lagunari regiment.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue May 09, 2023 2:15 pm

Jackal wrote:Hi Steve no this uniform has been distributed and used, even if it is a mistake of the manufacturer. There are photos that highlight the actual distribution. To the Lagunari regiment.

Interesting! We have discussed this uniforms several times and I don't think anybody ever had evidence of them being used. If you had some of those photos to share that would be great to see.

Thanks,

Steve
    Jackal
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Jackal Tue May 09, 2023 6:22 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:
    Jackal wrote:Hi Steve no this uniform has been distributed and used, even if it is a mistake of the manufacturer. There are photos that highlight the actual distribution. To the Lagunari regiment.

Interesting!  We have discussed this uniforms several times and I don't think anybody ever had evidence of them being used.  If you had some of those photos to share that would be great to see.

Thanks,

Steve

The most famous photo that testifies to its use is this.

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Screen23

This example identical to yours is in my collection. Note the same manufacturer and contract number. These specimens are most likely production errors on the part of the manufacturer, who most likely also had contracts with the army of his country. So a hybrid was created by mistake between an Italian Mod.92 cut but with Slovenian camouflage. However it is not the only case, there is always another model 92 wrong that has as camouflage the one used by the army Spanish. The thing that I do not understand how these models once distributed to the defense have passed all the checks and tests. As the manufacturer does not comply with the specifications imposed by the Ministry of Defense

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Img_2047

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Img_2048
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Wed May 10, 2023 12:55 am

Very interesting. Well, the most reasonable explanation is Italy was experimenting with different camouflages. Not to adopt the exact pattern, but to be influenced by it. The US and British militaries have done similar things, though they tested the actual foreign uniforms instead of making their own.

It is important to note that the Slovene camouflage pattern used in the mystery Italian uniform is not the same as used by Slovenia. Neither the colors or the type of cloth are correct. Here's a side by side comparison of the two (someone on this forum made the picture):

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform 100_8610

Steve
    Jackal
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Jackal Thu May 11, 2023 7:39 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:Very interesting.  Well, the most reasonable explanation is Italy was experimenting with different camouflages.  Not to adopt the exact pattern, but to be influenced by it.  The US and British militaries have done similar things, though they tested the actual foreign uniforms instead of making their own.

It is important to note that the Slovene camouflage pattern used in the mystery Italian uniform is not the same as used by Slovenia.  Neither the colors or the type of cloth are correct.  Here's a side by side comparison of the two (someone on this forum made the picture):

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform 100_8610

Steve

Good evening Steve, what you say may very well be another hypothesis. To find it you would have to see the specifications of the contact dictated by the Ministry of Defense to the manufacturer and the mystery would be solved. The only problem that arises is that the ministry is usually not inclined to disclose such information, especially recently discarded garments. I know other Italian collector colleagues who have tried but either for uniforms or for various equipment and have not received
    No response. Returning to my hypothesis, I would like to add that at the time we had an army of conscripts.
    So mass as well as the other European armies.
    So many companies had tenders with the army also foreign as in this case, So some wrong production could happen. I personally have in the collection a model 87 paratrooper that has a wrong camouflage instead of having the classic woodland has a mod camouflage. 29 I thought it was an experimental model but asking weapon associations and viewing many photos I did not find any objective feedback

Going back to the chocolate jacket and chips, I had forgotten that I also had this other garment built with military recovery cloth, it is a shirt even military buttons used on the Mod were also used. 65. As you can see it does not have any trademark.
    Product ranking for hunting, fishing, hiking.

I am very pleased that there are fans of our militaria also abroad with which he can entertain a pleasant.
    Mario C.

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Img_2055

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Img_2056

Italian Army Trial desert Uniform Img_2057

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:34 pm