IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Belgian army gyro stabilized binoculars

user6075ef730fa82
    user6075ef730fa82

Name : Velpmans
    Registration date : 2022-06-06
    Number of posts : 7

Belgian army gyro stabilized binoculars  Empty Belgian army gyro stabilized binoculars

Post by user6075ef730fa82 Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:07 am

Heren, i have something very special! A "steadyscope" A stabilized pair of binoculairs These are made for helicopter crewman, i suspect for the alouette helicopter I bought  for 50 euros!
    You can see the french instructions on them. And some nsn, serial number and so on. But no ABL marking on them. However they came from the abl warehouse on Heverlee, so I'm certain it was Belgian used.
    Belgian army gyro stabilized binoculars  Img20216
    Belgian army gyro stabilized binoculars  Img20217
    Belgian army gyro stabilized binoculars  Img20218
    And one with steiners for scale

user6075ef730fa82 likes this post

matchstick
    matchstick
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2022-07-08
    Number of posts : 45

Belgian army gyro stabilized binoculars  Empty Re: Belgian army gyro stabilized binoculars

Post by matchstick Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:03 am

Nice, they do have the British country code 99 in the NSN on them though. Things do wind up in the weirdest of places though either through the system, misplacement/loss or "acquisition" to make up deficiencies.

My last place of work one of the CES's for a 6T MAN SV must have been on an exercise in Norway or alongside Norwegians somewhere as the shovel that was part of the vehicle kit was one of theirs and not a Brit one, guessing it was scrounged to make up a diffy one before its return to the UK.

user6075ef730fa82 likes this post

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:07 am