IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Strange Flecktarn Variant

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6909

Strange Flecktarn Variant Empty Strange Flecktarn Variant

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:28 am

​I stumbled upon this today:

Strange Flecktarn Variant In_ger10

https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/was-fuer-eine-flecktarn-variante

It is a post from 6 months ago by someone wondering the same thing I am... what the heck is this?!?

The colors in the soldier (sailor?) in the front are definitely not standard and it does not appear to be "a trick of the light" as all the other colors in frame look correct. There are only 4 colors instead of 5 and brown is the color missing. Besides black, the other two colors like slightly different as well. It is not the supposed Flecktarn replacement "Multitarn" either (at least nothing that's been shown to the public) as that is also 5 colors.

Not only are the colors strange, but the Goretex coat is not Bundeswehr issue. It has a double collar hood, elbow reinforcements, and the German flag is velcro instead of sewn on.

The only pattern, commercial or official, that I know of that looks anything like this is an extremely rare and highly controlled uniform worn by Polish Komenda Stołeczna Policji (Warsaw's SEK type unit).

Strange Flecktarn Variant B_0_0_10

I've only seen pictures of the tactical uniform, not anything else, but an older style of the standard Polish Army Goretex coat is consistent with the features I can see in the picture.

Does anybody have any ideas about this? Is the soldier (sailor?) in the image a reservist and able to get away with wearing a non-issued item? The other question I have is how much does this guy want for the coat, because I'd like to have it for my collection Smile

Steve​
    HEB
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-10-27
    Number of posts : 222

Strange Flecktarn Variant Empty Re: Strange Flecktarn Variant

Post by HEB Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:31 pm

Hey Steve,

I have asked in a german forum. One is guessing that this a miltec jacket either faded or colored.

Maybe some better answers will follow...

https://www.multi-board.com/board/forum/index.php?thread/98401-flecktarnvariante-marine/&postID=1066260#post1066260
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:47 am

HEB wrote: Hey Steve,

I have asked in a german forum. One is guessing that this a miltec jacket either faded or colored.

Maybe some better answers will follow...

https://www.multi-board.com/board/forum/index.php?thread/98401-flecktarnvariante-marine/&postID=1066260#post1066260

Thanks for passing the word around!

This example definitely has only 4 colors, so fading is not a possible explanation. I have also seen no commercial versions of Flecktarn that have only 4 colors. Danish has 3 colors.

Whatever it is, why is it being worn by someone in the BW? Regulations are pretty strict about wearing non-regulation uniforms, correct? Are the regulations more flexible for Reservists (generally this is true of other countries, I think).

Steve
    Giovanni

Registration date : 2020-09-06
    Number of posts : 8

Post by Giovanni Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:04 pm

I think it might be a new Multitarn jacket. The greyish color on the shoulder cluster in my opinion gives away the new official pattern being issued.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:07 am

If it is, it's a completely different and (to me at least) unknown pattern.  The Multitarn that was announced and is in extremely limited use is 5 colors, this is 4 colors.  The colors of Multitarn are similar (the same?) as Multicam, but the mystery pattern doesn't have that look about it:

Strange Flecktarn Variant P2e4zk10

Steve
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-02-03
    Number of posts : 93

Post by Bert353 Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:34 am

Hello Steve, isn't there too much yellow in that uniform in your image? all that yellow in those dark German forrests?
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:33 pm

Multitarn is supposed to be for arid as well as temperate and winter conditions. I agree it's got too much "sand" color in it, but that is indeed what the colors look like. This is the flaw of the "one camo for all environments" concept.

Steve

Bert353 likes this post

Porkchop
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Ernst-Udo
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Number of posts : 15

Post by Porkchop Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:49 pm

I found this image here MultiTarn smock
    Your picture of the sailor looks to my eyes exactly the same as the smock in my picture. I think I'd be hard pressed to distinguish the two. ( Obviously, not in the cut of the garment)

Last edited by Porkchop on Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarification of difference)
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:00 am

Porkchop wrote:I found this image here MultiTarn smock
    Your picture of the sailor looks to my eyes exactly the same as the smock in my picture. I think I'd be hard pressed to distinguish the two. ( Obviously, not in the cut of the garment)

That's the same pattern I referenced above. Very, very different.

Someone in the Bundeswehr seems to have identified it as a private purchase item that some units (Navy apparently in particular) tolerate. He said the company is MMH, which I've not been able to find any information about it. Produced roughly 15-20 years ago.

Steve

Porkchop likes this post

Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-02-03
    Number of posts : 93

Post by Bert353 Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:03 am

@ Steve,
    I think he means MFH int.comp.
    That's a business that copies very much of the military stuff, not always for the better.
    A bit like Mil Tech.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:20 pm

Bert353 wrote:@ Steve,
    I think he means MFH int.comp.
    That's a business that copies very much of the military stuff, not always for the better.
    A bit like Mil Tech.

Thanks! I had trouble finding it just with "MFH", but thanks to you I found it with "MFH Int".

Yes, there are a lot of these companies and the products are not always good quality.

Steve

Bert353 likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:04 pm