IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Funny coincidence - BW General's uniforms

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6909

Funny coincidence - BW General's uniforms Empty Funny coincidence - BW General's uniforms

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:20 pm

I recently won a large collection of items that had belonged to a retired BW General. It included personal effects as well as his uniforms going back to when he was only a LTC. A collector friend in Germany helped me with the logistics of bidding and receiving the items. The stuff just arrived at his house and he was amazed to discover that he not only knows who this general is, but he worked closely with him many years ago as a civilian contractor! In fact, when the General said he was retiring my friend asked him what he planned on doing with his uniforms. The response was "oh, I already sold them to someone". And now a dozen years later, my friend has the uniforms in his house!

Here are some pictures of what I won. They are a bit dusty because the auction house uses really bad packing materials. The collection contained a crazy amount of personal effects, including ziplock bags with whatever the previous collector found in the pockets!

Funny coincidence - BW General's uniforms 17030010
    Funny coincidence - BW General's uniforms 17030012
    Funny coincidence - BW General's uniforms 17030011

Steve

TennoHeikaNate likes this post

sammlermws
    sammlermws

Registration date : 2023-05-17
    Number of posts : 2

Funny coincidence - BW General's uniforms Empty Re: Funny coincidence - BW General's uniforms

Post by sammlermws Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:47 am

Amazing collection! I have 1 general jacket.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:46 am