IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

New Zealand DPM patterns.

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

New Zealand  DPM patterns. Empty New Zealand DPM patterns.

Post by ripcord Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:35 pm

DPM Variants

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240115                    

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240116

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240117

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240118

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240121

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240120

Last edited by ripcord on Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

New Zealand  DPM patterns. Empty Re: New Zealand DPM patterns.

Post by ripcord Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:55 pm

MCU

Garrison MCU/ Combat MCU/ MCU Goretex/ MCU outer shell  

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240125

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240122

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240123

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240126

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240127
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6907

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:49 am

Ah, a topic close to my heart! I mean that literally as my entire NZ camo collection is less than 1m away from where I sit at my computer Smile

I have 10 different DPM uniforms in my collection. I could have sworn I documented them all here somewhere, but a quick look didn't turn up anything. Something to put on my ToDo List I suppose.

As for the MCU uniforms, it is my understanding that the open knee/elbow pads was superseded by the one with the solid knee/elbows, not a combat and garrison difference. This came from a serving NZ officer friend of mine who is more aware than most about uniform stuff, but of course he could have been misinformed.

I love the pink tint to the winter set. Ukraine does the same thing and I think it looks great, though I have to admit I don't really understand the science behind it.

Steve
    Bolty717
    Bolty717
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Bolty
    Registration date : 2012-11-22
    Number of posts : 330

Post by Bolty717 Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:04 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:Ah, a topic close to my heart!  I mean that literally as my entire NZ camo collection is less than 1m away from where I sit at my computer Smile

I have 10 different DPM uniforms in my collection.  I could have sworn I documented them all here somewhere, but a quick look didn't turn up anything.  Something to put on my ToDo List I suppose.

As for the MCU uniforms, it is my understanding that the open knee/elbow pads was superseded by the one with the solid knee/elbows, not a combat and garrison difference.  This came from a serving NZ officer friend of mine who is more aware than most about uniform stuff, but of course he could have been misinformed.

I love the pink tint to the winter set.  Ukraine does the same thing and I think it looks great, though I have to admit I don't really understand the science behind it.

Steve
    Correct on the MCU, the original open knee were a lite rip stop material and didn't wear well, the closed knee was a heavier material and reduced some of the design features as well as attempting to stop the knee pads falling out. There is a FR version of both styles as well.

ripcord likes this post

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:39 pm

Last DPM type, ripstop..

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240144

New Zealand  DPM patterns. 20240145

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:24 am