IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

positive identification made of M-67 shirt

Nagmashdriver
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Steve Marcus
    Registration date : 2024-01-26
    Number of posts : 31

positive identification made of M-67 shirt Empty positive identification made of M-67 shirt

Post by Nagmashdriver Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:31 pm

Started out not knowing a darned thing about this shirt and thanks to two friendly members, I was able to ascertain that I have a Spanish M-67 shirt nicknamed "garbanzo" because of the rough similarity in color to the famous bean.

This got me to thinking: in British-Mandate Palestine and for several decades afterwards, khaki was the uniform of both military and civilians alike, yet to my knowledge nobody ever referred to it as "hummus".

Interestingly enough; "garbanzo" IS the Spanish word for "chickpea"....positive identification made of M-67 shirt Myster19
    Col Kurtz
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-01-16
    Number of posts : 36

positive identification made of M-67 shirt Empty Re: positive identification made of M-67 shirt

Post by Col Kurtz Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:23 am

For me, chickpea refers to the color of the uniform used by the Spanish Nomadic Troops Group (Agrupación Tropas Nomadas) in North Africa in the 1960s and 1970s. I see no similarity with the M-67 uniform with the color of a chickpea. If not rather, it is a beige color like that of a stone. Although there are variations in tone, such as some more khaki and others more gray. But it's just a personal opinion. In the field of military collecting, it is already accepted as a "garbanzo" (chickpea in English) color.

positive identification made of M-67 shirt Unifor25

positive identification made of M-67 shirt Unifor26

positive identification made of M-67 shirt Unifor29

positive identification made of M-67 shirt Unifor28

TennoHeikaNate likes this post

Nagmashdriver
    Corporal
    Corporal

positive identification made of M-67 shirt Empty Re: positive identification made of M-67 shirt

Post by Nagmashdriver Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:37 am

Cool! Now I know what the matching trousers and hat look like should I run across them in the future! Very Happy

Col Kurtz likes this post

Col Kurtz
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Col Kurtz Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:27 pm

It does not require difficulty to find them. With determination and perseverance you will surely be able to complete the missing pieces of the M67 uniform.
    Nagmashdriver
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Nagmashdriver Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:41 pm

Not looking to collect them at all, just looking to identify my piece which was missing the spec tag. Thanks to technology and some friendly collectors, I was able to do this rather quickly!
    Col Kurtz
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Col Kurtz Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:13 pm

The shirt you have should have pants similar to these:

positive identification made of M-67 shirt Pantal10

positive identification made of M-67 shirt Pantal11

ripcord likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 pm