IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shortened US Machete, Type used by Son-Tay Raiders (originally posted by nkomo)

ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 247

Shortened US Machete, Type used by Son-Tay Raiders (originally posted by nkomo) Empty Shortened US Machete, Type used by Son-Tay Raiders (originally posted by nkomo)

Post by ADMIN Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:16 pm

This is a US machete that was used by a US soldier during the Vietnam War. It is a standard 1960's US machete that has purposely been shortened by the original owner. I had heard that they shortened these machetes to make them into fighting type machetes. I was also told that this type machete was used by SOG and was also used by the Son-Tay Raiders on their famous raid to rescue US POW's. NOW, I am not saying this machete was used by the Son-Tay Raiders. I'm just saying that it is the same type they used. The handle has 4 scratch marks into the top of the handle. Very interesting knife that has the been there, done that look.

Arch

Shortened US Machete, Type used by Son-Tay Raiders (originally posted by nkomo) Aforum_079

Close up.

Shortened US Machete, Type used by Son-Tay Raiders (originally posted by nkomo) Aforum_080

Close up of scratches in handle.

Shortened US Machete, Type used by Son-Tay Raiders (originally posted by nkomo) Aforum_081

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:11 pm