IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Camosaurus
panzerwerk
ClaptonIsGod
misanthropic_gods
Philip
Camo_fiend
Feindflug
Mercenary25
12 posters

Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern.

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern. Empty Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern.

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm

I'm speechless. They look so damn effective.

Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern. 12662510
    Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern. 12662511
    Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern. 12662512
    Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern. 12662513

I like I like it better than Multicam. It is budget wise because soldiers still can use ACU body armors and gear with this new uniform.

Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern. Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    Feindflug
    Feindflug
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Jens
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Number of posts : 171

Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern. Empty Re: Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern.

Post by Feindflug Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:22 pm

mate believe me, they look even better from very close....the one guy I met at the mil hospital in early january was lucky I was able to behave my collector instincs. Twisted Evil
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern. Empty Re: Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern.

Post by Camo_fiend Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:46 pm

From what I read on SoldierSystems, (which is generally very reliable/credible) the Army has "unofficially" chosen MultiCam for usage in Afghanistan, but is still formal announcement and approval.

More info here.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3122

Post by Philip Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:I'm speechless. They look so damn effective.
    Every camo pattern blends in somewhere.

Effective or not. I WANT A UPC-D UNIFORM!

misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:46 pm

I think this stuff blends in better than i expected...but I think the main issue is the same as regular UCP (ACU), it doesnt blend into the greener areas of Afghanistan.

...I seriously need to keep my eyes out for this s***, I would totally buy some if I could.
    ClaptonIsGod
    ClaptonIsGod
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-12-27
    Number of posts : 102

Post by ClaptonIsGod Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Wait till Propper gets a hold of this! monkey
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:43 pm

I hope I will get a set before army disapprove this pattern. To me, multicam is overrated.

panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:47 pm

looks like it works a hell of a lot better now , it would work good out here at my place !!
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Look at vietnam war, they designed green dominated ERDL then later late war they designed "Delta ERDL" which officially known as Brown Dominated ERDL to blend in brownish swampy area of Mekong Delta. Now they call this new UCP-ACU pattern "Delta". It seems like Army likes to use term "delta" for upgraded camo pattern. What exactly "Delta" defines in military's vocabulary?

Camosaurus
    Camosaurus
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-06-06
    Number of posts : 534

Post by Camosaurus Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 pm

My friend in Kuwait just got hold of this camo the other day. He says it's still limited (of course) in the market. I like the 2nd pic the camo looks effective. Now, what about if they deploy to this side of the world which is dominant green? They'd do a dominant green one? Rolling Eyes I've seen pictures of SF guys down South wearing ACU and they stick out prominently in our environment. One reason why the SEAL teams deployed here are still using the US woodland camo.
    ClaptonIsGod
    ClaptonIsGod
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-12-27
    Number of posts : 102

Post by ClaptonIsGod Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Camosaurus wrote:My friend in Kuwait just got hold of this camo the other day. He says it's still limited (of course) in the market. I like the 2nd pic the camo looks effective. Now, what about if they deploy to this side of the world which is dominant green? They'd do a dominant green one? Rolling Eyes I've seen pictures of SF guys down South wearing ACU and they stick out prominently in our environment. One reason why the SEAL teams deployed here are still using the US woodland camo.

They'd dig some BDUs out of storage. Laughing
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:18 am

They probably would make green dominated ACU as well. Note Vietnam war era ERDLs, there were few different versions.

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6965

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:54 am

Is it just me or does that guy on the right in the third picture have a helmet cover that looks like Waffen SS Oakleaf (Fall)? Yeah, I know it isn't, but it kinda does look like it. Right? Doesn't it? Guys? Wink

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:41 am

Lots of people have said that UCP-D looks somewhat like Flecktarn or older German patterns... I immediately thought Flecktarn too.

Personally, (despite its hype) I like the look of MultiCam over ACU or UCP-D. It honestly isn't a horrible pattern, I think there was just so much hype created over it that people became sick of it. However, I will concede that the added colour of brown to the original ACU does indeed help it somewhat, even if only minimally.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3323

Post by nkomo Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:50 am

CollectinSteve wrote:Is it just me or does that guy on the right in the third picture have a helmet cover that looks like Waffen SS Oakleaf (Fall)? Yeah, I know it isn't, but it kinda does look like it. Right? Doesn't it? Guys? Wink

Steve
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing myself. Very Happy Very Happy

Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:02 pm

Is it just me or does that guy on the right in the third picture have a helmet cover that looks like Waffen SS Oakleaf (Fall)? Yeah, I know it isn't, but it kinda does look like it. Right? Doesn't it? Guys? Wink

Ditto for me , I was thinking the same thing !
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by Philip Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Mercenary25 wrote: Now they call this new UCP-ACU pattern "Delta". It seems like Army likes to use term "delta" for upgraded camo pattern. What exactly "Delta" defines in military's vocabulary?
    They had 5 patterns with different amounts of coyote brown. UPC-A, -B, -C, -D and -E. But I think the other 4 have never been printed on fabrics. Who knows...
    http://www.kamouflage.net/thumbnail.php?rid=00004&page=2
    (scroll down)

Mercenary25

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:39 pm

That's very interesting!

Grim Reaper
    Grim Reaper
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Grim Reaper
    Registration date : 2009-08-25
    Number of posts : 282

Post by Grim Reaper Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Yep I agree with Steve Arch and Steve, very Germanic Smile
    great pics btw and I personally love it

GR
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by Philip Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 am

Haha, that's funny. Lots of people say that but I think it doesn't look a thing like Flecktarn.

CamoDeafie
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Steven Blankenheim
    Registration date : 2009-04-06
    Number of posts : 214

Post by CamoDeafie Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:51 am

people kind of said the same thing when MARPAT was being tested then introduced...
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:14 pm

Multicam is being tested as well.

Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern. Mc3a
    Photos of Army testing out UCP-Delta pattern. Mc2

CamoDeafie
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Steven Blankenheim
    Registration date : 2009-04-06
    Number of posts : 214

Post by CamoDeafie Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Merc, i'd have to say that gear wise, the UCP-A-D stuff looks better with the older ACU stuff...because from those photos of Multi and acu together, its pretty easy to spot the difference/huge contrasts......but old ACU gear with some CB pouches on the UCP-Delta stuff, it looks good because its still same colors mostly...odd isnt it? I wonder if they also will test a green version of the delta like the erdl like ya mentioned..(sub the coyote brown for either dark green or olive green found on bdus)
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Camodeafie, you're right. I read one article long time ago that Army rather modify ACU camo by adding new color because that way they won't need to pay extra multicam body armor covers and equipment. Like I said above, UCP-D is budget wise.

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Post by Mercenary25 Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:29 am

GENTLEMEN! TIME TO SAVE UP YOUR MONEY FOR TIME WHEN YOU SEE UCP-DELTA FOR SALE! IT'S GOING TO BE RARE!

http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=13311

The secretary of the Army announced today that the Army will provide combat uniforms in the MultiCam pattern to all soldiers deploying to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, starting this summer.

This decision follows a rigorous four-month evaluation and reflects the Army's commitment to giving soldiers in Afghanistan the most effective concealment possible.

Soldiers deploying to Afghanistan this summer will receive fire resistant Army combat uniforms in MultiCam, along with associated equipment including body armor, rucksacks, and helmet covers.

The Army's selection of MultiCam for soldiers in Afghanistan culminates phase III of a four-phase plan to thoroughly and deliberately evaluate camouflage alternatives.

The Army took action in fall 2009 to provide two battalion-size elements in Afghanistan with uniforms and associated gear in patterns other than the standard-issue universal camouflage pattern (UCP). One unit received uniforms and gear in MultiCam, and the other in a variant of UCP known as UCP - Delta.

In addition, the Army deployed a team of experts to Afghanistan in October to gather extensive data and photos on the diverse environments of Afghanistan, where soldiers often travel through multiple environments in a single mission, from snow to woodland to desert.

The Army incorporated the information gathered into a photo simulation study it then administered to nearly 750 soldiers who had deployed to Afghanistan. The study asked them to compare six patterns against eight different environments. The results, along with surveys of soldiers in the two battalions who received alternate camouflage, formed the basis for the Army’s decision on MultiCam.

The Army will now implement phase IV of its plan for camouflage, which is to evaluate long-term Army combat uniform camouflage options for all soldiers.

Camouflage alternatives represent one facet of the Army’s ongoing efforts to improve the Army combat uniform. The Army has made more than 26 improvements to the ACU since it was first fielded in June 2004.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:25 pm