IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff

misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff Empty US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff

Post by misanthropic_gods Fri May 21, 2010 12:26 am

Today a whole batch of stuff came in from a grouping I didnt want to see parted out on Ebay for cheap.

The grouping is attributed to Bravo Co, 29th Support Battalion, 29th Infantry Brigade Combat Team (Hawaii Army National guard) from their deployment to Balad, Iraq (LSA Anaconda, formerly Balad Air Base) in 2005-2006 (OIF III). It includes a US Flag that was flown 7 September 2005, an Ohio Flag, some patches including 2 Desert 29th BCT SSI and an unknown woodland subdued SSI (Will someone please tell me what it is!), some Polish(???) patches, and 2 theater made patches, an autographed flier from a "Comics on Duty" show from 11-24 April 2005.

I believe this grouping might have been sent to the Javelin Maintenance Support Center in LA.

The US flag that was flown on 7 Sept 2007, it has a bit of dirt and grime on the edges but otherwise looks brand spanking new.

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200057
    US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200064

The paper that listed the unit and had the shipping address to the Javelin Support center. I blurred out the soldier's name just in case he is still Active duty.

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200066EDIT

A Javelin sticker that I had kicking about the house that was not part of this group, but cool and semi-related nonetheless

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200067

An Ohio state flag that is WAY dirtier than the US flag, it is faded on one side, but was flown for sure and a lot longer than the US flag. I wonder what the story behind it is.

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200055
    US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200056

The SSI (can someone ID the woodland one), US flag and 2 theater Made patches

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200068
    US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200069

The Polish (I think) patches, if somebody could maybe help with identifying these it would be much appreciated. Im guessing the soldier probably traded these with a Polish soldier.

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200070

The Autographed "Comics on duty" flier and patch
    US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200073
    US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200074

Now this other stuff is some cool items I picked up within the past month or so

US Army Element Combined Forces Afghanstain, 2d type US Army Element, Transition Command, 1st type US Army Element, Transition Command.

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5120050

A CIA Special operations challenge coin.

front
    US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5120049
    Back
    US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5120048

The CIA Special Operations challenge coin, my CIA baseball cap, and my copy of "Jawbreaker" by Gary Berntsen and Ralph Pezzullo, a great book about CIA Special Operations "Jawbreaker" teams during the beginning of Operation Enduring freedom.

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff P5200087
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff Empty Re: US Flag, Ohio Flag, Patches plus some other stuff

Post by misanthropic_gods Fri May 21, 2010 6:33 am

Woodland SSI ID'd as the 41st Field Artillery Brigade by P-E. I guessed it was artillery but I seemed to have missed it while I was looking through the different SSI's.

Thanks Man!

I would still love an ID on the patches that are Possibly Polish

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:51 am