IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Das Deutsche Heeresveterinarwesen book

bostaurus

Registration date : 2010-06-06
    Number of posts : 1

Das Deutsche Heeresveterinarwesen book Empty Das Deutsche Heeresveterinarwesen book

Post by bostaurus Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:53 am

Good morning, I am new to the forum and have a question about a book. I collect Army Veterinary Corps items..all countries and time frames. A couple years ago I bought this book on Ebay. I was poorly listed as a biography of a German Veterinary officer from WWII and had no pictures showing the book. Because of this and because it was written in German and on US Ebay I was able to buy it very cheap. I was very surprised when it arrived. It is a history of German Army Veterinarians from the early beginnings of vet corps in the 1800's to the beginning of WWII. It is 1360 pages and had pictures of senior officers (1930"s) and several color plates of the uniforms from the 1800's onwards.
    I am looking for any information on the book. We are a military family and move a lot. I also collect old vet and agriculture books and seem to suffer a bit of damage to the books every move. They try to stuff as many a possible in each box!. We move again in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone has any information on this book. I also was wondering about a value, just in case they trash it this time...or maybe I should pack it among clothes in a plastic container.
    Sorry I cannot post a picture. If anyone is interested in the pictures of the uniform plates just contact me with your email. I could send them through Yahoo. I just sent the to a friend..it takes two emails but it can be done.
    Here is the full information on the title page:
    Das Deutsche Heresveterinarwesen Seine Beschichte bis zum Jahre 1933 (Nazi Eagle symbol) Herausgegeben und redigiert im auftrage de Veterinarinspekteurs im Oberkommando des Heeres von Generalstabsveterinar Professor Dr. H. H. Fontaine 1939 Verlag von M & H Schaper/Hannover

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:44 pm