IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
5th AD
nkomo
6 posters

Hand Camo'd Rhodesian Bayonet and Scabbard

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Hand Camo'd Rhodesian Bayonet and Scabbard Empty Hand Camo'd Rhodesian Bayonet and Scabbard

Post by nkomo Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:56 am

My parents when down to Tenn. this week. My dad went into a store and found a crate full of FAL bayonets. He said it was a very large crate and he spent over a half hour digging through the box. He bought two bayonets ($9 each). Both had the M inside of a large U, which is a South African manufacturing mark. Well.....one of the bayonets he bought was hand camouflaged. When he showed me the one he bought for me, I about flipped. It is a hand camo'd FAL bayonet that was used by the Rhodesians!!! I have four FAL magazines and one Rhodie combat knife that are camo'd the exact same way as this bayonet. They couldn't have picked a better gift for me. Very Happy Very Happy

Hand Camo'd Rhodesian Bayonet and Scabbard Dscn1316
    Hand Camo'd Rhodesian Bayonet and Scabbard Dscn1317
    Hand Camo'd Rhodesian Bayonet and Scabbard Dscn1318

Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Location : Between the pit of mans fears and the summit of his knowledge
    Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 185

Hand Camo'd Rhodesian Bayonet and Scabbard Empty Re: Hand Camo'd Rhodesian Bayonet and Scabbard

Post by 5th AD Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:52 pm

Thats awesome man!! Lets see pics of all the camo together! Very Happy
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

Hand Camo'd Rhodesian Bayonet and Scabbard Empty Re: Hand Camo'd Rhodesian Bayonet and Scabbard

Post by kammo-man Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Those bad boys are very nice Arch , just seeing these today !

APreston
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-11-01
    Number of posts : 96

Post by APreston Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:57 am

Very nice, now all you need is the FAL and you'll be set :p
    chevpol
    chevpol
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Mark
    Registration date : 2011-03-15
    Number of posts : 239

Post by chevpol Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:48 am

nice!!!
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:14 am

Some years ago the zims dumped a bunch of ex rhodesian fals on the market, the parts kits were available for awhile here in the US.

Chris
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:07 am

zvez wrote:Some years ago the zims dumped a bunch of ex rhodesian fals on the market, the parts kits were available for awhile here in the US.

Chris
    Chris,
    I remember that and saw those down at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot from various vendors. Some of the FAL furniture even had the exact same camo pattern painted on them as does my scabbard and bayonet above. They were always out of my price range though.

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:09 am

Chevpol, O, and APreston,

Thanks you all for the compliments! I have a weak spot for painted items. BTW.....I will have to post my Rhodesian combat knife with cloth scabbard. They both have been painted in the same pattern as the bayo above. Very Happy

Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:42 pm

I actually had all the component parts of a rhod fal at one time I picked up in South Africa. Also, having seen loads of G3s and Fals in rhod camo, I can testify they were not done in a fancy manner. As you can see basically they took paint brushes and brushed on two different camo colors in a haphazard manner, one reason why I really like them! I imagine a troopie with a couple cans of paint and a brush being tasked to camo these weapons as punishment! Wink

If anyone were ever actually to fake this they'd certainly make it look much more professional!
    Chris

nkomo wrote:
    zvez wrote:Some years ago the zims dumped a bunch of ex rhodesian fals on the market, the parts kits were available for awhile here in the US.

Chris
    Chris,
    I remember that and saw those down at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot from various vendors. Some of the FAL furniture even had the exact same camo pattern painted on them as does my scabbard and bayonet above. They were always out of my price range though.
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

Post by kammo-man Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Exactly , we always laugh about WW2 German helmets that have been faked with cammo , always saying some poor bastard was on punishment .........here you go Mein Soldat paint this thousand , before lunch , and this thousand after lunch !!!
    He he he .
    Always love the paint schemes .
    owen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:06 pm