IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

ABA LBV tan

vaux

Registration date : 2010-09-13
    Number of posts : 5

ABA LBV tan Empty ABA LBV tan

Post by vaux Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:43 am

Hi
    I recently purchased this LBV manufactured by ABA, I collect SEAL material but I'm not sure if this LBV was used by the SEAL Question , if you can help me with some reference photo or some information that was used by the operators will be greatly appreciated

Here I show you my LBV:

ABA LBV tan DSCF1162-2 ABA LBV tan DSCF1160-1-1

ABA LBV tan DSCF1159-1-1 ABA LBV tan DSCF1161-1-1

ABA LBV
    LBT Buttpack Tan
    M4 Mag alice pouch
    Medic alice pouch
    Canteen alice pouch
    2 Quart canteen alice pouch
    MK3+MK13
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

ABA LBV tan Empty Re: ABA LBV tan

Post by nkomo Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:24 am

The tan ABA LBV has always been hard to find pictures of being used during the Desert Storm time period. I know of only one picture of it being used during that time period. The photo is interesting for two reasons. 1. It shows the tan ABA LBV being used 2. It shows a modified 6-Color jacket being used. I know there is a picture floating around of the tan ABA LBV being used in Operation Enduring Freedom. I just can't seem to find the pic right now.

As far as the tan ABA LBV being used by the SEALS....I've never seen anything to 100% say they did, BUT the tan ABA LBV was an item that was used by many US Special Forces units.

The picture below was originally pictured in the book "The Illustrated Directory of Special Forces" by David Miller on page 140. The caption reads: "Mission accomplished" as US Marines stand outside the US Embassy in Kuwait City in February 1991" That being said.....I don't believe the caption truly is of US Marines. Judging from the equipment and uniforms...I believe these guys are US Army Special Forces. Whatever the case, the picture shows both the modified 6-Color jacket AND the tan ABA LBV being used during Desert Storm.

ABA LBV tan Usmc_k10

Registration date : 2010-09-13
    Number of posts : 5

Post by vaux Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:44 am

Hi
    Thanks for the help, many reviews say the possibility of using the ABA LBV by the SEALs, but I find no reference photo. Sad
    I would appreciate it if you find that picture sometime you can show me.
    I I have these pictures in the occurrence of the ABA LBV Tan
    AIR Force SF
    ABA LBV tan SFDESERT

ABA LBV tan Americanembassy

ABA LBV tan IH030447

Cheers

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Blaze! I live in US and have been looking for it for long time and how on earth an European collector has a hand on it?! Laughing

ABA LBV tan Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    airborne1968
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Tom
    Registration date : 2011-11-16
    Number of posts : 17

Post by airborne1968 Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:42 pm

If you can get your hands on the book 5th SF group in Desert Shield /Desert Storm you'll see ODA team pics with some of the wearing these vests. Some notes include: not all members of the same team were issued tan vests (LBE dominated); strobe pouches were attached just below the wearers left shoulder pad, and they were worn with BDUs as well during Desert shield. Also, in almost every team pic none of the DBDUs have any insignia on them, including name tapes. In some cases there are rank on the shirts and boonies (aka sun hats).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 pm