IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

A few of my DDR items..including an armband I cant identify

misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

A few of my DDR items..including an armband I cant identify Empty A few of my DDR items..including an armband I cant identify

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:46 am

A few of my DDR items..including an armband I cant identify E-German001

The Helfer Der Volkspolizi armband is for the Volunteer Peoples Police
    The Circle with the "R" in it is for the border guard checkpoints I have heard
    I have not as of yet been able to ID the KvD armband, anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone know what the collar and shoulder insignia I have mean?
    William_Blond
    William_Blond
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-09-26
    Number of posts : 74

A few of my DDR items..including an armband I cant identify Empty Re: A few of my DDR items..including an armband I cant identify

Post by William_Blond Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:10 am

Nice armbands !

The last one, does mean "Kraftfahrer vom Dienst ", but i don't no what this is.

I only found the abbreviations.

http://www.kopp-militaria.de/nvaeffekten.htm
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

A few of my DDR items..including an armband I cant identify Empty Re: A few of my DDR items..including an armband I cant identify

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:47 pm

Rubio wrote:Nice armbands !

The last one, does mean "Kraftfahrer vom Dienst ", but i don't no what this is.

I only found the abbreviations.

http://www.kopp-militaria.de/nvaeffekten.htm

Thanks man! I looked for it a few years ago and didnt find anything!

babelfish says Kraftfahrer vom Dienst means "Motorist of the Service", so..thats a start Very Happy
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6909

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm pretty sure it means "Driver on Duty". Both Germanys had a bunch of arm bands with specific positions, such as NCO on Duty, Senior SGT of the Week, etc. These would be worn around the barracks so people would know who was given that particular responsibility for the given day.

Steve
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:55 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:I'm pretty sure it means "Driver on Duty". Both Germanys had a bunch of arm bands with specific positions, such as NCO on Duty, Senior SGT of the Week, etc. These would be worn around the barracks so people would know who was given that particular responsibility for the given day.

Steve

That would make sense as babelfish usually get close, but not quite.

I foind these in a surplus store in probably 2004 or 2005 and they had floor to ceiling E. german stuff, and just picked those out because they were interesting Very Happy
    heidelberger
    heidelberger
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Oliver
    Registration date : 2010-06-23
    Number of posts : 46

Post by heidelberger Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:11 pm

This means "Driver on Duty", the same was in our bundeswehr also...... Duty 24 ours....
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 pm

heidelberger wrote:This means "Driver on Duty", the same was in our bundeswehr also...... Duty 24 ours....

Thanks man!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 am