IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC

Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC Empty Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC

Post by Camo_fiend Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:59 am

This summer I visited the American History Museum and (naturally) I made the military exhibits my first priority. It was very interesting, and had changed a lot since I last visited. I was thrilled that they implemented modified uniforms into the displays. In fact, all DCUs on display were modified in one way or another! I'm sure Arch & Jeremy will definitely approve. Twisted Evil

Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC P1000077

Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC P1000078
    What's interesting about this one is that only one additional pocket was added on the sleeve, with the others left attached.

Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC P1000080
    My personal favourite, a modified DCU top with a sick patch and some gnarly battle damage!

Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC P1000079

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC Empty Re: Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC

Post by Easy Gee Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Very cool Ben...what is the story behind the DCU that's all ripped up??

Cool..thanks for sharing Wink
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC Empty Re: Modified DCUs on Display, American History Museum, Washington DC

Post by Camo_fiend Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm not quite sure of the story behind the torn-up DCU jacket -- I forgot to get a photograph of the tag in the case with it. lol!

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:I'm not quite sure of the story behind the torn-up DCU jacket -- I forgot to get a photograph of the tag in the case with it. lol!

No worries,I hope the guy wearing it,had just his jacket ripped... not his shoulder and arm too..... doesn't bear thinking about really!!!
    Cheers Mate Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 am