IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bulle- Desert tiger stripe Mich covers

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Bulle- Desert tiger stripe Mich covers Empty Bulle- Desert tiger stripe Mich covers

Post by Easy Gee Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi Guys.

Just a quick query,I just picked up a Bulle Desert / Tiger stripe Mich cover.I know it's not issued kit,and therefore commercial.

My query is,the marketing spiel states these covers were/are used by UK and US SF....any truth in this or is it a crock of B.S.

No worries either way,as it was dead cheap and will be used in a SF display...but I'm a bit anal when when it come's to accuracy.... Smile

Cheers Guy's Wink
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Bulle- Desert tiger stripe Mich covers Empty Re: Bulle- Desert tiger stripe Mich covers

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Nope..they are used by the Special Forces of both countries. We did a thread a bit ago on this and included pictures.

Great find, love that design
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Bulle- Desert tiger stripe Mich covers Empty Re: Bulle- Desert tiger stripe Mich covers

Post by Camo_fiend Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:57 pm

I need to find that thread... would be interesting to read. Can't wait to see your display!

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Oh..also...the Afghanis are using it as well

Here is one thread at least
    https://iacmc.forumotion.com/operation-enduring-freedom-oef-operation-iraqi-freedom-oif-f178/commercial-desert-tiger-stripes-t3582.htm?highlight=desert+tiger+stripe

and if you go to the tiger stripe products page they have some pics of them in use
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:57 pm

I thought you meant the covers specifically, not the pattern. lol!
    It was neat to revisit that thread though!

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:27 pm

misanthropic_gods wrote:Nope..they are used by the Special Forces of both countries. We did a thread a bit ago on this and included pictures.

Great find, love that design

Excellent cheers Mate,and thanks I'm chuffed with this cover as was two whole British pounds...so being a skinflint...extra chuffed Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:I need to find that thread... would be interesting to read. Can't wait to see your display!

Cheers Ben.

I believe the cover ,is the same colour and pattern....and I'm working on the SF display ( well it's an ongoing project as it were).

Ps.Did you get my PM ,I sent it yesterday in response to your PM,but in my sent items box ....it's a no show Question
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:49 pm

PM received and responded to. Cool

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:PM received and responded to. Cool

That's a relief,,thought my message setting's were playing up...cheers Mate.
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:22 pm

I still haven't totally figured out the messaging system yet -- I've had messages with text get sent and the receiver somehow gets a white box with no words in it. Laughing

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:I still haven't totally figured out the messaging system yet -- I've had messages with text get sent and the receiver somehow gets a white box with no words in it. Laughing

I know it's a bit of a weird one, I think my case I forgot to tick a box or two,so when I send nothing appears in my sent items......I.T's not my strongest point...good job I'm not in charge of my countries I.T security really eh Embarassed Laughing
    Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-11-17
    Number of posts : 66

Post by Flecktarn Australia Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:16 am

I have a PASGT Desert Tigerstripe helmet cover, aftermarket but with proper velcro fasteners not the stupid metal hooks they mostly come with in aftermarket. It is a one size fits all but to be honest is not a great fit but you cannot really notice. Very hard to come by for PASGT helmet.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Flecktarn Australia wrote:I have a PASGT Desert Tigerstripe helmet cover, aftermarket but with proper velcro fasteners not the stupid metal hooks they mostly come with in aftermarket. It is a one size fits all but to be honest is not a great fit but you cannot really notice. Very hard to come by for PASGT helmet.

Sound's cool, feel free to post it up Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm