IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches Empty Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches

Post by nkomo Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Okay.....here is another odd modified pouch. This is another pouch that my dad gave me today. He is down sizing his collection and this is something he was getting rid of. I have never seen another rig like it before. Basically.....somoene took two M3 Grease Gun pouches and sewed them together. On top of that, they sewed the bottom of the pouches so it would fit Thompson SMG magazines. Not sure who would have done this or even why. Pretty ingenious in my estimation. Any thoughts?

I figure I am going to hold on to this rig and maybe put it with an early US advisor or a CIDG display. I know this piece is not expensive or anything, I just thought you guys and gals may like to see it. Feel free to comment.

Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches Post-526

Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches Post-527
    Back side of the rig. The rig has a strap to put around the neck of the wearer and and two straps to tie around the back.

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches Empty Re: Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches

Post by nkomo Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Backs of the magazine pouches.

Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches Post-528
    Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches Post-529

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches Empty Re: Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches

Post by nkomo Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Sewing at the bottom of the pouches to convert it from M3 Grease Gun to Thompson SMG magazine pouch.

Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches Post-530

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:50 pm

I decided to put this on a mannequin to give you some idea of what it would look on a person. The shirt behind it is a US-M silver tiger stripe shirt.

Thompson Chest Pouch, Modified M3 Grease Gun Magazine Pouches Post-531

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:11 pm

After doing some more research, the DSA number on these pouhes date it to being from fiscal year 1966. I'm thinking more and more of either CIDG or South Vietnamese Army use.

Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Nice one Arch...love the look of these modded Nam pouchs....very cool Wink
    Delta 66
    Delta 66
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-04-18
    Number of posts : 60

Post by Delta 66 Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Very nice piece of kit!. Top score. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm