IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ??

panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? Empty Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ??

Post by panzerwerk Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:40 am

It was $130 shipped , more then I usually spend , but its simplicity is what got me , and the colors , here is what the seller wrote about it :

new old stock. made in usa, i think by dj manufacturing. does not have marker label in it. i think was a prototype for some army possible croatia,really not sure as it also has nato size on it. stock # too. think is nyco by weight, fabric for sure is ripstop. size is xxlarge reg , no tag printed in pantsstretched all the way out, is 24" so i suppose fits 43-47" and inseam 29.5-32.5. adjusted with drawstring in waist and belt . no metal adjustors on waist band as in usa ones. 2 quarter top pockets,2 cargo pockets with pleats, closes with flap and flap closes with velcro strips. reinforced knee, smaller pocket on each leg starts below reinforced knee, is 7.5" tall and 4.5" wide, closes with flap and velcro too. button fly.2 slit pockets, closes with flaps and hidden buttons on inside of flaps flaps are slanted.reinforced seant. satin ribbon drawstrings at bottom of leg leg opening is 19" all around. hat same fabric ,2" brim, velcro in the back at bottom is 5.25" long and 1" high. jacket has a "stand up " collar is 2" high. collar closes with velcro and has other velcro strips to adjust. front closes with zipper that is 20" long, 2 pulls can zip up or down in either direction, zipper is ideal. says ideal usa on back so i suppose is usa made zipper. upper chest where name tag or army would go on each side on usa ones, there are 2 velcro strips that would attach those "patches" it is5" high and 1" wide each side of jacket. 2 top pockets ,enter from next to zipper on each side, closes with velcro and flap the pockets are 7" wide and 6" high. on each sleeve is a large pocket.7" high and 6" wide. closes with flap and velcro. also on outside of the pockets are pieces of velcro that are 6.25" high and 4.25" wide. cuff is adjustable to close with flap and velcro. according to label fits height 67-71", chest 49-53".nsn stock # is 8415-01-527-5051.nato size 7080/2435. hand measured arm pit to arm pit =30.5"(made to have uniform probably underneath so is a larger xxl large i think) back of neck to bottom of jacket =29" . government quality, unusual pattern. if sending outside of usa and wanted to track or insure you must chose priority mail option. you can not track or insure with first class mail.

Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? UKdigi1
    Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? UKdigi2
    Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? UKdigi3
    Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? UKdigi4
    Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? UKdigi5
    Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? UKdigi6
    Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? UKdigi7
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 3395

Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? Empty Re: Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ??

Post by vonstuck Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 am

Hello
    Look like the Croatian pattern
    Gilles
    http://vonstuckcamouflage.free.fr/croatia.php
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 3395

Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? Empty Re: Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ??

Post by vonstuck Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 am

Im an idiot , but I had to have it , now what is it ?? 2009_010
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 am

It does have some identical patterns , interesting a U.S. Manufacture would make the proto's for Croatia , so it was a good thing after all !
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Post by Philip Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 am

Pretty cool, Steve!

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:34 am

Interesting! When you get it, please let us know what the manufacture's label states.

I don't know what to make of it. I agree with Gilles it has some similarities to Croatian, but the uniform cut is 100% ACU and obviously it isn't the same pattern. And why Croatia would even think of farming the work out to the US? They have a very strong domestic capability which is bound to cost less than having them made in the US.

No matter what it is... beautiful! I think it was worth what you paid for it, Steve. And who knows... maybe you will find some info that pegs this to something interesting.

Steve
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:36 pm

I bought a second set from him in desert , it has the OSRH logo incorporated in the pattern, I think a U.S. company made proto's to try to win a contract for their uniforms and these may be samples , he has a third on ebay in a different coloration then the 2 I bought , its up to $115 right now with 5 days left , suck I would have liked to have had all three types and kept them together , but OH WELL !!! I spent too much as it is affraid

BTW Steve , there are no Manufacture labels in them !!! and the sellers not saying for sure if he knows .
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Re quote for you Steve , since you did not raed what I put in the first post Evil or Very Mad

new old stock. made in usa, i think by dj manufacturing. does not have marker label in it.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:11 am

heh... yeah, I saw the that in the description you quoted, but I wasn't sure if that applied to all pieces.

OSRH logo AND the distinctive Croatia shape... dude, I think you have something pretty interesting. I agree with your guess... someone tried to land a Croat government contract. I wonder where they got the cloth from?

Personally, I have no idea why any US company would bother trying to bid on something like this. Seems to me to be a waste of time because there's just no way they're going to beat out the local competition. At least I can't see how they could!

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 pm