IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

UCP-D Someone help!

misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

UCP-D Someone help! Empty UCP-D Someone help!

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:37 pm

I just got turned down from ANOTHER set of UCP-D, I tried to get a guy to just sell me the shirt or pants but he wanted to sell the whole set and I just couldnt afford it. All im looking for is one Piece of UCP-D, helmet cover, shirt, pants, whatever (just not the chest rig). I have NEVER been so damn close to getting something like this so many times and its frustrating the hell out of me. I have missed out on stuff being sold here, USMF, Ebay, private sales, the works...If I had unlimited funds, it would be no problem, but my max is $150.

If anyone has a helmet cover or something, care to throw a dog a bone? Wink

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

UCP-D Someone help! Empty Re: UCP-D Someone help!

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:44 pm

$150 for a single piece is not all that unrealistic if you find one as a single piece. Most collectors, however, won't "part out" a uniform. At least the smart ones won't. Problem for you is the going rate is usually $300-$400, depending on condition and desperation of the bidders.

I've got a spare set I'm looking to part with, but I'm not parting with it unless I break even (I don't need to profit). And that means a lot more than $150 Smile

Steve
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:52 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:$150 for a single piece is not all that unrealistic if you find one as a single piece. Most collectors, however, won't "part out" a uniform. At least the smart ones won't. Problem for you is the going rate is usually $300-$400, depending on condition and desperation of the bidders.

I've got a spare set I'm looking to part with, but I'm not parting with it unless I break even (I don't need to profit). And that means a lot more than $150 Smile

Steve

I would normally agree with the not parting out thing, but with the scarcity of this uniform and the prices it is going for, I think parting out a shirt/pants set would actually attract at least a couple of buyers just because of the sheer price most of the others are going for.
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1733

Post by koalorka Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:19 pm

If it makes you sleep any better, just think of UCP-D as a slightly less terrible version of UCP. I for one have no burning desire to own it. Very Happy
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:59 pm

koalorka wrote:If it makes you sleep any better, just think of UCP-D as a slightly less terrible version of UCP. I for one have no burning desire to own it. Very Happy

meh, I collect trial uniforms....so thats why I want one.
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by koalorka Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Well, if I stumble into any, I will relay it to you.
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:57 am

koalorka wrote:Well, if I stumble into any, I will relay it to you.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:50 am

Shane,
    If it makes you feel any better.....I'm having the same problem as you. I can't find a decently priced set either. Cheapest I have seen it in real life was $400 for a set. You can occasionally find it cheaper on Ebay.

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:36 am

I'm with Shane, I'd be happy with just a helmet cover! Evil or Very Mad

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:49 am

Shane,

I doubt a collector will split off a set, but there are sellers out there that list things separately. This does introduce some orphans into the mix of available items. I've got an orphan jacket, in fact, because I lost out on the trousers. I paid $150 on the button for it. I'm thinking I want to keep it so I can have a used example next to my unissued set. But I don't want to keep my spare used set because, well, that's a rather big chunk of change tied up in UCP-D! I just have to get off my butt and try to find it a home besides mentioning it here Wink

Arch,

Yeah, this time around people with the uniforms seem to all be aware that they are worth decent money. Plus, unlike most other recent trials these were not produced in large numbers. Another fact that people sourcing these things are well aware of.

I followed more than a dozen sales in a 2 month period and didn't see any go for less than $260 (unevenly faded, repaired, mismatched size IIRC). Most went in the $300-$400 range. I doubt these will get significantly cheaper as time goes by, but maybe someone will luck out and find an overlooked example held by an uniformed seller. In fact, I'm sure it will happen. But for me, I'm not willing to wait for lighting to strike Very Happy I know I wish I had bought more T-Pat back when they were more available! $160 (IIRC) for a complete set of everything made? Yeah, I passed up on that... and the sound you hear is me still kicking myself.

Steve
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by koalorka Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:43 pm

I stumbled into a set by accident, the buyer didn't properly describe it and few bidders reached the auction by the time I had closed it for $150. I thought I might use it as trading material, so if you have anything interesting for trade (I like older European stuff), shoot me an email to koalora@rogers.com because like I said, I don't particularly care for UCP.
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:04 pm

...the shirt auction and pants auctions that just ended on ebay?.....I had the highest bid till the last few seconds of the auctions... Sad

Last edited by misanthropic_gods on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by koalorka Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:11 pm

misanthropic_gods wrote:...the shirt auction and pants auctions that just ended on ebay?.....I had the highest bid till the last few seconds of the auctions...

No, this was several days ago.

How much did your set go for?
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:12 pm

koalorka wrote:
    misanthropic_gods wrote:...the shirt auction and pants auctions that just ended on ebay?.....I had the highest bid till the last few seconds of the auctions...

No, this was several days ago.

How much did your set go for?

Ah, about the same

E-mail sent

Also, this means I wont be cursing your name! Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 pm