IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch?

oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Dan M
    Registration date : 2011-06-10
    Number of posts : 131

USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch? Empty USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch?

Post by oceanfrontguy Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi i picked up these two patches recently. I believe the green one may be a USMC 3rd FAST Team (A Platoon). Or i could be completely wrong lol. Any ideas?

And the second patch is a weirder one. I got this off an ACU uniform that has a US Navy E4 (3rd Class) rank symbol attached. This was found at the Little Creek Naval thrift shop. So would this maybe be some type of SEAL patch or maybe a support guy attached to them? Looks more like an Army style patch.

Any info would be awesome! Thanks much!

[img]USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch? DSCN2583[/img]
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch? Empty Re: USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch?

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:56 pm

The USN wears ACU's when they are embedded with US Army units so as to blend in, this is a fairly common practice overseas. What led you to believe that it was from a SEAL?

The SSI is from the 42nd Military Police Brigade
    USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch? 42MPBdeSSI

Here is some photos of USN Sailors wearing ACU's
    USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch? Baaaeac7
    USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch? 80ff877a
    USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch? Faf4e303
    USMC FAST Team and a SEAL Patch? C4944978

I swear I saw some of the III A patches on ebay a few months ago...I will check around and see what I can find. I think I saw them for sale by RangerJones...I dont know for sure if it was him or not, and i have never dealt with him in the past, but I have seen some questionable stuff for sale.

Last edited by misanthropic_gods on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Dan M
    Registration date : 2011-06-10
    Number of posts : 131

Post by oceanfrontguy Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:01 pm

[quote="misanthropic_gods"]The USN wears ACU's when they are embedded with US Army units so as to blend in, this is a fairly common practice overseas. What led you to believe that it was from a SEAL?

The SSI is from the 42nd Military Police Brigade

------

I knew SEALS wear whatever uniform that the normal guys are wearing where theyre AOR is (atleast from what i heard) and i got the patch at Little Creek where theres a bunch of SEALS. so i was just hoping it was a patch from them lol. The "key" in the patch made me beleive though it was somekind of support mission though.

Ya the III A patch is really interesting. I know 3rd FAST is based at Fort Monroe which isnt far from NAS Oceana where i got the patch. Any info u can find would be greatly appreciated!
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:18 pm

oceanfrontguy wrote:

I knew SEALS wear whatever uniform that the normal guys are wearing where theyre AOR is (atleast from what i heard)

Yes and no, things are generally a little bit more complicated than that. It all depends on what the unit wants to wear, what the commanders will let them wear, the Area they are working in and the job they are doing. Also, SEAL teams tend to be pretty proud and independent, so its a bit more rare to find them in ACU or MARPAT than it would be to see them in Multicam, AOR1, BDU or DCU, it does happen for sure though.

polecat

Registration date : 2012-06-26
    Number of posts : 6

Post by polecat Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:06 am

On some bases it is very common to see sailors in ACUs. It's funny sometimes seeing army junior enlisted saluting the navy enlisted,due to just seeing a bird and saluting lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:36 pm