IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Mahdi Army Grouping

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Mahdi Army Grouping Empty Mahdi Army Grouping

Post by nkomo Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Well....I have been after something like this for quite some time. This is a heavily used Iraqi made AK chest rig (4 cell) and a portion of a Mahdi Army/Mahdi Militia headband.

The chest rig is made of a HEAVY tarp material. The material used is much heavier than any other Iraqi made AK chest pouch that I own.

The headband is made of a velveteeen type material. Not sure if it is a headband or armband.

Figuring I will never find an insurgent outfit, I may very well get this framed and display it on the wall.

Mahdi Army Grouping 00112

Link to a website about the Mahdi Army: http://vkb.isvg.org/Wiki/Groups/Mahdi_Army

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Mahdi Army Grouping Empty Re: Mahdi Army Grouping

Post by nkomo Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:22 pm

I didn't realize that the Mahdi Army was involved in some of the larger engagements post-invasion time period. I had thought they fought in smaller engagements. Here is a list of some of the larger battles they were part of:

Siege of Sadr City

Battle of Najaf (2004)

Battle of Diwaniya

Battle of Amarah

Battle of Karbala (2007)

Siege of U.K. bases in Basra

Battle of Basra (2008)

Iraq Spring Fighting of 2008

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Note: The headband has different arabic writing but characterstics are exact same.

Mahdi Army Grouping Mahdi_10

An Iraqi supporter of Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr stands near mock coffins, symbolizing killed Mahdi army members, during a rally on February 21, 2008 in the Sadr city Shiite neighborhood of Baghdad, Iraq. Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr is expected to announce within days whether to extend his Mahdi Army ceasefire or not. Al-Sadr declared a six month truce on August 29, 2007 which some Iraqi and US military officials claim has played a vital part in reducing sectarian violence. The six month truce is set to expire at the end of February. By Wathiq Khuzaie/Getty Images.

The chest rigs.

Mahdi Army Grouping Mahdi810

Above: Members of the Mahdi Army. Tensions have been rising for months between the two primary Shia militias known as the Badr Brigade and the Mahdi Army as each struggles for political dominance. The Badr Brigade is the paramilitary force of the largest Shia political bloc, the Supreme Islamic Council in Iraq. The Mahdi Army is the paramilitary force of the Sadrists, headed by Moqtada al-Sadr. The Iraqi security forces are heavily infiltrated by both, with each having varying amounts of control in different areas. Below: A scene from Sadr City. Al-Sadr has built his following from millions of the poorest Iraqis, and his organization has provided food, money and medical care when none else was available.

Mahdi Army Grouping Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks for the great research, Merc!