IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design

bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 812

4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design Empty 4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design

Post by bravo_2_zero Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:41 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150458265943026&l=a08e7811c1 Top view

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150458266393026&l=c694a6764f side view

How about this jocolor

Pie cut designed helmet cover , used and slightly sun faded on the top.

The cover is bigger than the m1 US helmet ( tried to fit it ) so it's not Iraq issue, it looks without a doubt made to fit on the 1980's British headgear as seen Falklands conflict.

With the cover dropped on the floor it gives the appearance of a helmet and it looks like the mk3 turtle.

bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design Empty Re: 4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design

Post by bravo_2_zero Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:52 am

The print on the cover is out by a mile, the black ( on woodland dark thin brown on this ) are way out of line which isn't uncommon. There is a 4 part desert jacket on here with slightly out of line black/ brown shapes.

The out of linement print tends to be in the early production 68patt garments and not seen much in the later 70's and onwards DPM prints. This leads me to think this is a very early example and the fact there are more dots in the print which was phased out by 1984 with the newer DPMS being printed.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design Empty Re: 4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 pm

Curious, why do you always provide links to facebook instead of posting embedded image on the thread? It is easier for us to look at without clicking on the links then wait for page to get loaded.

4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:08 pm

I might have guesse it would have been someone on here who won that off Ebay the other day.
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post by bravo_2_zero Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:Curious, why do you always provide links to facebook instead of posting embedded image on the thread? It is easier for us to look at without clicking on the links then wait for page to get loaded.

I now own an iPad which is my only device for the Internet and it will not let me put the photos up as I'd like. It is a little bit of the pain in the rear face booking them.
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post by bravo_2_zero Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:45 pm

4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design Photo
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post by bravo_2_zero Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:37 pm

4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design 648618e5
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post by bravo_2_zero Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:37 pm

4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design C4bc074e
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:01 pm

bravo_2_zero wrote:
    Mercenary25 wrote:Curious, why do you always provide links to facebook instead of posting embedded image on the thread? It is easier for us to look at without clicking on the links then wait for page to get loaded.

I now own an iPad which is my only device for the Internet and it will not let me put the photos up as I'd like. It is a little bit of the pain in the rear face booking them.

Haha I use iPad too. It is pain when iPad has to open a new window everytime I click on a link!

4 colour desert helmet cover mk3 design Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post by bravo_2_zero Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:32 am

Mercenary25 wrote:
    bravo_2_zero wrote:

Haha I use iPad too. It is pain when iPad has to open a new window everytime I click on a link!

I just found out photobucket has an app ! Happy days

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:52 am