IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
saltefanden
Gulf91
6 posters

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. Empty Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style.

Post by Gulf91 Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Had no idea at all what this was so googled BUMBAC and came up with Romanian.

Pretty strange material(to me) as thought to begin with it was ripstop or HBT but is neither.

Has a neat strap and button arrangement on the sleeves to keep secured when rolled up.

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. 69b39176

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. Ce95a09d

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. Fa3d86e1

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. 5c2b211a

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. 98bef15c
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. Empty Re: Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style.

Post by saltefanden Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Another cool shirt!

I just recieved a Romanian desert smock or jacket, bought from eBay, in the same ripstop-ish material.

The seller said in the auction, that Romainian desert clothes were made from surplussed Brittish material, and as such was a 100% identical to UK gear in colour and cloth.

But there are quite a few differences, at least to the UK desert pieces I have. Does any one know more about materials?
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. Empty Re: Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style.

Post by Gulf91 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:54 pm

saltefanden wrote:Another cool shirt!

I just recieved a Romanian desert smock or jacket, bought from eBay, in the same ripstop-ish material.

The seller said in the auction, that Romainian desert clothes were made from surplussed Brittish material, and as such was a 100% identical to UK gear in colour and cloth.

But there are quite a few differences, at least to the UK desert pieces I have. Does any one know more about materials?

I have never ever seen any British items in that type of material,if fact before i got this shirt i had never ever seen anything else in this type of material-wonder if its specific to Romanian clothing?

The only British connection i would say is the pattern of the DPM but then again who knows Shocked
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Post by saltefanden Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:24 pm

Hmm, yeees...

Well the only type of fabric in Brittish desert DPM I do not have in my collection, is in flame proof UBACS-shirt material.

But the fabric type used in Danish and US frag vest UBACS or combat pullovers, are indeed very, very similar to the Romanian gear and possibly UK frag vest shirt sleeves.

Maybe it is simply all made in flame proof material to keep cost nice and high up and the Romanian boots on the ground?

Last edited by saltefanden on Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My poor spelling, yet again!)
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1733

Post by koalorka Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:52 pm

I have an earlier shirt from the softer cotton material and it is identical to British desert DPM. Which reminds me, whose got a surplus set of pants for these? Very Happy
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:13 am

So is this shirt some type of flame resistant material then seeing CU FIRE RIPSTOP on the label?
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. DSCF0002_zps2298e233

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. DSCF0005_zps82300cd9

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. DSCF0004_zpsa33b848e

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. DSCF0003_zpse313d88c
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Post by ripcord Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Hey all,

One of my latest acquisition , an often posted  Romanian Desert DPM set .  

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. Romani21

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. Romani20

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. Romani23

Desert Shirt-British Desert DPM Style. Romani24

S
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2283

Post by mylle Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Nice acquisition Sal! The boonie looks cool.
    sentom1015
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2014-02-03
    Number of posts : 22

Post by sentom1015 Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:15 pm

Gulf91 wrote:So is this shirt some type of flame resistant material then seeing CU FIRE RIPSTOP on the label?
    hello, BUMBAC  means cotton and "CU FIRE RIPSTOP' = with ripstop threads. JUst plain Cotton ! .I was spoken with one Romanian soldier who served in Afghanistan and told that he managed to get a british shirt cause it was cooler , provided better "skin respiration' than Romanian made shirt!
    sentom1015
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2014-02-03
    Number of posts : 22

Post by sentom1015 Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:24 pm

saltefanden wrote:Another cool shirt!

Romanian textile industry manufactured British "forest" dpm uniform and they got plenty of fabric and that's how Romanian army had adopted British dpm!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 pm