IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Captured Iraqi Flags

panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Captured Iraqi Flags Empty Captured Iraqi Flags

Post by panzerwerk Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Ba'ath party flag captured from the Vice Presidential palace, Below is what the Gentleman told me about how he came across it .

"The day I got the Baath party flag we were "exploring" the already secured Vice Presidential palace and one of my Soldiers found the flag behind a fake wall thrown in the corner along with a huge stack of AK-47's, He didn,t want the flag and threw it over to me.
    The painted script down the center was translated by a few of our interpreters,all saying the same thing ,"death to all Americans" and "Death to all Jews" .Now I'm not sure if this is true due to the fact that most of our Interpreters lied to us most of the time ,it was really hard to find a good one and when we did they were killed along with their families by the Insurgents."

Captured Iraqi Flags BaathFLAG

Iraqi National Flag

Below is the story behind this one from my friend :

"The day I picked up this Iraqi flag was after a huge fight for the capital city of Baghdad. The Iraqi Army ,or what was left of it ,spread out and started doing this hit and run tactic on us and when they became overwhelmed by our firepower they broke contact and decided to blend in with the local populace, so they ditched their uniforms in a pile along with their National flag.
    We were on patrol lending assistance and trying to flank, when my team and I came upon the pile of uniforms,equipment and the flag. I sent in a report to my higher ups then picked through the pile of stuff to see what was left behind and who they might have been, trying to gather some sort of intel to put in my report when I go back to our Company area.
    What floors me was how they just discarded their own National flag like it was nothing to them but a piece of equipment, nothing to be proud of.
    I'd lay down my life for our Flag and they just threw theirs in the filth on the ground. I have no respect for an enemy who cant even show respect for their Nations flag.

Captured Iraqi Flags IRAQflag
    Tyler Flint
    Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Captured Iraqi Flags Empty Re: Captured Iraqi Flags

Post by Tyler Flint Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:57 am

THATS JUST AWESOME! I only have one "collectable flag" in my collection. Its a Canadian Pre-WWI Red Ensign.
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Great news the flag was just translated by an Iraqi to say :

"The Translation is One Arab Nation with an immortal message, a slogan from the Iraqi Baath Party"

Much less creepy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am