IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Easy Gee
filupe
Camo_fiend
Philip
saltefanden
9 posters

Genuine NWUIII?

saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-24
    Number of posts : 731

Genuine NWUIII? Empty Genuine NWUIII?

Post by saltefanden Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:47 am

Hi, bought this as a NWUIII jacket at a relatively low price, as it was just my size, Medium X-long.

But there is no makers mark on either neck tag or inside pocket wash tag, and both look a bit 'unofficial' compared to almost any military piece I've got. It does feature the ECA in the print, but can anyone tell me if I got lucky or have bagged myself a repro? Thanks!

Genuine NWUIII? Img_0169

Genuine NWUIII? Img_0170

Genuine NWUIII? Img_0171
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Genuine NWUIII? Empty Re: Genuine NWUIII?

Post by Philip Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Maybe the labels were removed. Otherwise it looks good to me!

Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:37 pm

A really neat uniform, lots of cool features; I think the design is kinda futuristic! Smile

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by saltefanden Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Cheers Philip and Ben, thank you for the encouraging words, hopes are still high for it to be a real one.

Inside wash tag here:

Genuine NWUIII? Img_0172
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Post by Philip Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Good one.

filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Jah. Looks good to me too ...
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Nice find Ronny, love it Mate Wink
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-09-11
    Number of posts : 234

Post by John Brown Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Isn't this the maker?

Genuine NWUIII? ?di=1WVU
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Post by sh4pak Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:53 pm

--JB is right. Looks real.: http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/157462371
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by saltefanden Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Wow, thank you guys, I'm really chuffed about that!

Thanks for the info, the link and for showing me how to read Navy tags in the future! Rolling Eyes
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1733

Post by koalorka Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Looks good to me.

I didn't realize the USN moved to slip-on style ranks as opposed to the Velcro from the ACU..
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-06-06
    Number of posts : 119

Post by alphaproduction Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:07 am

This is a legit AOR2 Uniform.

It is made by API in Alaska. Probably a direct issue to sailor
    Tag can felt off but if the ACE (Not ECA or EGA by the way both refer to the Marine Eagle emblem) logol is still visible then it is real

Nice find. You can find a whole set AOR2 for about $350 while the M&N Exchange price are about $180 per uniform.
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by saltefanden Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Cheers for added info and clarifications!

And wow, high prizes, I'm not ashamed to admit I aqquired it for substantially less. Must be because these uniforms are relatively newly issued.

Thanks again all for invalueable help and info!
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by John Brown Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:58 pm

alphaproduction wrote:This is a legit AOR2 Uniform.

It is made by API in Alaska. Probably a direct issue to sailor
    Tag can felt off but if the ACE (Not ECA or EGA by the way both refer to the Marine Eagle emblem) logol is still visible then it is real

Nice find. You can find a whole set AOR2 for about $350 while the M&N Exchange price are about $180 per uniform.
    If it's AOR2, why does the label say "Navy Working Uniform Type III" ?

I seem to recall the AOR2/3 patterns were slightly different than what has evolved into NWU Type II/III
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by alphaproduction Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:52 pm

NWU Type II was previously known as AOR1.
    NWU Type III was previously known as AOR2.

Well, at least according to WIkipedia.

There are no AOR3 as far as i know....
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by John Brown Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:58 pm

alphaproduction wrote:NWU Type II was previously known as AOR1.
    NWU Type III was previously known as AOR2.

Well, at least according to WIkipedia.

There are no AOR3 as far as i know....
    Right, key word being "previously".

The NWU Type II/III are not AOR2/3 pattern garments (they are very similar, but not the same)

Telling the guy they are, and that they are "worth a lot" is misleading.
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:06 am

I am not gonna argue with you, read this (I cannot post line so you need to covert the () into puncturation

www(dot)itstactical(dot)com/gearcom/camouflage/nwu-aor-whats-the-deal-with-the-new-navy-uniforms/

AOR1 is the project that lead to NWU II
    AOR2 is the project that lead to NWU III

So in short, NWU II uses AOR1 Pattern, While NWU III uses AOR2 Pattern, THERE ARE NO AOR 3...........

Also, you cannot buy AOR1 clothing, AS THEY DOES NOT EXIST, they are only Pattern.........
    Most sailor coommonly refer AOR1 to NWU II and AOR2 to NWU III

If you buy an AOR1 clothing in E-bay, you are buying a NWU Type II

Edited: When i say AOR1 clothing does not exist, i mean Clothes not equipment, AOR1 pattern exist in many equipment (Load Bearing Vest, Slick Plate and so on) You can get AOR 1 Item (Which is uber expensive) but when you refer them as Uniform, you are getting a NWU II. I think i made myself clear this time......

Declaration, i own a NWU II and NWU III uniform set and the sailor sold me that told me this. At first i was as confused as you are.
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:26 am

alphaproduction wrote:Actually, they are, I am not gonna argue with you, read this (I cannot post line so you need to covert the () into puncturation)

www(dot)itstactical(dot)com/gearcom/camouflage/nwu-aor-whats-the-deal-with-the-new-navy-uniforms/

So in short, NWU II uses AOR1 Pattern, While NWU III uses AOR2 Pattern, THERE ARE NO AOR 3...........

Also, officially you cannot buy AOR1 clothing, AS THEY DOES NOT EXIST, they are only Pattern.........

If you buy an Official AOR1 garment in E-bay, you are buying a NWU Type II (Official mean US Navy issue, not commercial)

The deal with CP AOR1 (I mean why they are so expensive) is they are endorsed by most of the Navy Seal Community, rumor has it there are no seal not ever worn a CP AOR1 garment if they ddeployed after 2009 (Note the double negative). CP AOR1 (The AOR1 you referring to) is a Government Authorised Reproduction of pattern AOR1. The Official Name of the Garment is Crye Precision AOR1 Desert Uniform. They were mainly used between 2009-2011 after 2011, the US Navy have phase in their own official version of AOR1 Uniform, which is the Navy Working uniform Type II and Type III. The only reason why CP (or another word Commercial production) AOR1 is so expensive is because their usage, they are solely used for US Navy Seal, but you can be in the CB (official name for seebee) and some Base Posting and you will still get issued with the AOR1 Pattern NWU II. And since CP have already been ahead of the Navy in their AOR1 Clothing line. This is unlikely the Navy Seal will even going back to the NWU II, unless the Department of the Navy made them, just like the Army forces soldier to go back to Issue STANAG Mag by banning the Magpul P-Mag. That explain why the NWU II are relatively cheaper than then CP AOR1, but by no mean cheap

Here are the common e-bay proce for the following garment

US Navy NWU ISet - About US$100
    US Navy AOR1/NWU II Set - US$500
    US Navy AOR2/NWU III Set - US$400-450
    CP AOR1 Field Uniform (same as US Navy AOR1/NWUII Field Uniform) - US$300-350
    CP AOR1 Combat Uniform Gen 2 - $1000-1200
    CP AOR1 Combat Uniform Gen 3 - $not ever saw people sell the whole set but about 1100 for just shirt and about 800 for just pants.)
    CP AOR1 Combat uniform Gen 4 - No Price.

if you ask me, if the Navy Working Uniform, which uses the AOR 1 Pattern, cannot be called AOR1. Then i guess CP AOR1 should drop it's AOR1 designation as well as they also uses AOR1 pattern. And finally, not only US Navy, CP uses AOR 1 Pattern, Eagle, LBT (London Bridge Trading) also authorise to reproduce AOR1 PAttern for their Combat equipment.
    AS far as i know,

Self Declare: i own a NWU II (CP Gen 2) and NWU III (Issue) uniform set and the sailor sold me that told me this. At first i was as confused as you are.

Last edited by alphaproduction on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:56 am; edited 3 times in total
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by John Brown Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:32 am

alphaproduction wrote:I am not gonna argue with you, read this (I cannot post line so you need to covert the () into puncturation

Also, you cannot buy AOR1 clothing, AS THEY DOES NOT EXIST, they are only Pattern.........

If you buy an AOR1 clothing in E-bay, you are buying a NWU Type II

Edited: When i say AOR1 clothing does not exist, i mean Clothes not equipment, AOR1 pattern exist in many equipment (Load Bearing Vest, Slick Plate and so on) You can get AOR 1 Item (Which is uber expensive) but when you refer them as Uniform, you are getting a NWU II. I think i made myself clear this time......

Declaration, i own a NWU II and NWU III uniform set and the sailor sold me that told me this. At first i was as confused as you are.
    AOR1/2 is to the NWU Type II/III what "scorpion" is to OCP.

If you look at the test garments used with the "scorpion" pattern, they don't match the issue ACUs.

Same with the AOR trial uniforms - they are not the same as the garments that became type-classified as NWUs.

The "pattern" doesn't make up the uniform - you have the layout, the fabric type, etc. Saying the NWU Type III is an AOR1 uniform is misleading (as would saying an Army-issued OCP ACU is a "Crye 'Scorpion' CCU"

The OP has a bog-standard Navy-issue Type III NWU. This garment is currently the standard daily wear for sailors stationed "on the beach" (not on board ship or in a combat zone requiring some other uniform)

At this time, it may have a "collector's value" due to the fact that they aren't widely issued yet, but within two years, they're gonna be as common as any other standard-issue military garment.

Your "AOR" garments are always going to have a high price, due to how (and where) they were tested.
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:02 am

You are stubborn aren't you.

First of all, NWU II and NWU III are NOT issued to just anybody currently. You cannot claim you serve shipboard and get a NWU III issue. If you are a "Fleet" salior, you will get NWU I regardless of Posting.

Basically as far as i can make out. NWU II/III (Set aside if they are called AOR1/2 for this instant) are only issued to 3 type of naval personnel

1. NSW - Naval Special Warfare (Mainly Seal)
    2. CB - Construction Battalion (Type III only) also know as SeeBee
    3. EOD - EOD will currently Continue to wear the 3 color DCU but will be issued with a Type III

If you are a jack serve in the ship, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET EITHER TYPE II OR TYPE III

This is the first thing you got it wrong.

Secondly. I know an Uniform is coming out of different cutting. But AOR1/2 again, IS NOT UNIFORM (I have to highlight in red).
    When you compare CP AOR1 Unifrom to Navy Type II, then it's the same as you comparing the Scopion to OCP.

However, in this case, if you compare AOR1/2 (Area of Responsibility 1 and 2) to Navy Type II and II, then the correct comparasion is UCP to ACU.

You are mixed up with what AOR mean, AOR from begining to the end should only mean the pattern, by no mean they are the name of a Uniform.

Coming back to the basic question is NWU II uses the SAME PATTERN as AOR1? The answer is YES.

Let me quote you another source form Strike hold.

page : - www(dot)strikehold(dot)net/2010/01/16/the-riddle-of-aor-camo-solved/ (Again, replace (dot) to .

and i quote:

"The final pieces of the puzzle are that the AOR patterns will be slightly altered by the inclusion of the Navy’s Anchor-Constitution-Eagle logo, and they will now be part of the Navy Working Uniform system:
    ■NWU Type I – blue-grey digital camouflage pattern
    ■NWU Type II – desert colours digital camouflage pattern
    ■NWU Type III – woodland colours digital camouflage pattern"

Well, according to the Strike hold. The NWU have the same pattern as in AOR1 except for 1 THING AND 1 THING ONLY, that's the ACE logo embedded to it.........
    I guess if you count that, then you are right, CP and NWU II uses different AOR1 pattern then......[img][/img]
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by John Brown Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:17 am

I am sorry you feel I'm wrong. . .

. . . but, I'm only reading what the Department of the Navy regulations say:

B. NWU TYPE III:
    (1) THE NWU TYPE III WILL REPLACE THE EXISTING FOUR-COLORED WOODLAND CAMOUFLAGE
    UTILITY UNIFORM (CUU WOODLAND) AS THE STANDARD CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORM WORN IN CONUS AND WHILE
    DEPLOYED AS PRESCRIBED BY THE COMBATANT COMMANDER.

(2) ALL PERSONNEL, COMMANDS, AND UNITS THAT ARE CURRENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WEAR THE
    CUU WOODLAND PER REF E PARA 6802, WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL TRANSITIONED TO THE NEW
    NWU TYPE III. UNITS DESIGNATED TO TRANSITION ARE LISTED IN PARAGRAPH 8B. OUTFITTING
    SCHEDULE IS DELINEATED IN PARAGRAPH 10.

(3) ALL NON-NSW PERSONNEL CURRENTLY WEARING THE CUU DESERT WILL TRANSITION TO THE
    NWU TYPE III AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BUT NO LATER THAN 01 JUNE 2012. NAVY UNITS, (OTHER THAN
    THOSE LISTED IN PARAGRAPH 8A), REQUIRING THE WEAR OF A DESERT PATTERN CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORM
    FOR TACTICAL OPERATIONS SHALL SUBMIT A REQUEST TO THE NAVY UNIFORM BOARD FOR CNO APPROVAL
    VIA THE APPLICABLE TYCOM AND COMPONENT COMMAND FOR VALIDATION OF THE TACTICAL
    REQUIREMENT, PER REF E, PARA 1101.1.B.(4). THIS GUIDANCE SUPERSEDES REF A, PARAS 2.A AND
    2.B.

NAVADMIN 259/11 - SUBJ/NAVY WORKING UNIFORM TYPE I, II AND III, CAMOUFLAGE UTILITY UNIFORMS

Now, is the Navy wrong, too?
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:27 am

about what? The Usage of the NWU II/III or the pattern?

Do you even know who is authorise to wear the 3 color desert and 4 color woodland in the navy?

Look down to paragraph 8 and check out 8 a and 8 b and you will know CURRENTLY who are authorise to wear the NWU III.........

Edit: Scratch that, actually do you know we are talking about the same thing, only Tactical Land based Naval personnel are authorised to wear NWU III.
    It will always be pricer than the NWU I because there are only so many post serve in land base basis. Hence the price will be higher than NWU I, but since NWU 3 is not as common as NWU II (Currently and in the near future are only authorise to NSW or NSW suppoered personnel) So they will have a higher price tag than NWU III. But then the AOR you mention will have the highest pricetag of all as they are only sold to Special Operation Operator.

But anyway, isn't this thread is all about Genuine NWU III and also i said AOR1 is the same pattern as NWU II and AOR2 is the same pattern as NWU III. Unless you can prove otherwise, i am not really interested on how much it cost on e-bay or who fielded it or what, as i own them all already Smile
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by John Brown Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 am

alphaproduction wrote:Look down to paragraph 8 and check out 8 a and 8 b and you will know CURRENTLY who are authorise to wear the NWU III.........
    Yep, pretty much any sailor assigned to the beach.

I really could care less which sailors can wear the thing.

My point in this thread is that "AOR1/2" garments ARE NOT NWU II/III garments.

The OP doesn't have a $500 uniform, theoretically worn by a SEAL or NSW support group personnel.

He's got a bog-standard NWU Type III uniform which is issued to just about any sailor not assigned a shipboard position.

I am chiming in here to keep you guys from misleading him about what he's got.

From our sister forum, NWU Type III uniforms in the wild:
    P-E wrote:Genuine NWUIII? 31567910

WILLIAMSBURG Va. (November 7, 2011) -- Navy Cargo Handling Battalion ONE (NCHB1) conducts Navy Working Uniform Type III inspection spearheaded by Cmdr. Joseph Davis, 2nd from the left, commanding officer of NCHB1, in preparation for the upcoming uniform transition from woodland Combat Utility Uniform (CUU) to woodland digital patterns NWU TYPE III that will be commencing effective November 14, 2011 at Naval Weapons Station Yorktown, Cheatham Annex. (U.S. Navy photo by Boatswains’ Mate 3rd Class Nelson Doromal Jr.)
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:54 am

Well, you have your logic and i have mine, as i showed you in numerous source. I don't believe AOR1 is the official name for any uniform, so at best they are just a Short or nick name for an uniform.

All in all

NWU II uses AOR1 pattern - Apart from the ACE logo
    NWU III uses AOR 2 pattern - Apart from the ACE logo.

That in my book, can be called AOR 1 and AOR 2 uniform, it's only fair as they also uses the same pattern. I am just trying to establish that the AOR1 used in NWU II and so on.
    You can call whatever uniform to what name is your pleasure. Lke we called the Auscam Desert Clown suit. or THe Belgium "Puzzle".

But most Sailor i know personnally called NWU II to AOR1. and NWU III to AOR2. as far as i can make out CP had not sold (or no one ever bought) an AOR2 uniform.

I am not misleading, you guys just put the mind set already on the CP' uniform simpily because they are out in the market eariler. And people general substitute the AOR1 into the CP Desert unifrom. The reason why CP's AOR1 uniform wasn't at the get go because they uses AOR1 pattern? If you can call Cp's AOR1 uniform OR1 then why people cannot call NWU II, which uses the same pattern as in AOR1, an AOR1 uniform?

How you see an uniform for what it worth is different in everybody.

Last edited by alphaproduction on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by John Brown Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:56 am

alphaproduction wrote:about what? The Usage of the NWU II/III or the pattern?

Do you even know who is authorise to wear the 3 color desert and 4 color woodland in the navy?

Look down to paragraph 8 and check out 8 a and 8 b and you will know CURRENTLY who are authorise to wear the NWU III.........

Edit: Scratch that, actually do you know we are talking about the same thing, only Tactical Land based Naval personnel are authorised to wear NWU III.
    It will always be pricer than the NWU I because there are only so many post serve in land base basis. Hence the price will be higher than NWU I, but since NWU 3 is not as common as NWU II (Currently and in the near future are only authorise to NSW or NSW suppoered personnel) So they will have a higher price tag than NWU III. But then the AOR you mention will have the highest pricetag of all as they are only sold to Special Operation Operator.

But anyway, isn't this thread is all about Genuine NWU III and also i said AOR1 is the same pattern as NWU II and AOR2 is the same pattern as NWU III. Unless you can prove otherwise, i am not really interested on how much it cost on e-bay or who fielded it or what, as i own them all already Smile
    Why do I need to prove otherwise? You pointed out paragraph 8 and then you're gonna tell us something completely different:

Here's paragraph 8 and who can wear the NWU Type III:

B. CENTRALLY-FUNDED INITIAL OUTFITTING AND DAILY WEAR OF THE NWU TYPE
    III IS AUTHORIZED ONLY FOR THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS:
    (1) NSW PERSONNEL AND SAILORS ASSIGNED TO NSW UNITS;
    (2) NAVAL EXPEDITIONARY COMBAT COMMAND (NECC) FORCES;
    (3) NAVAL FACILITIES ENGINEERING COMMANDS (NAVFAC);
    (4) NAVAL BEACH GROUP (NBG) COMMANDS;
    (5) NAVAL EDUCATION TRAINING CENTERS RESPONSIBLE FOR TRAINING NECC/NBG/NSW CORE
    RATES (SPECIFICALLY: CENTER FOR EOD AND DIVING, CENTER FOR SEABEES AND FACILITIES
    ENGINEERING, CENTER FOR SEAL/SPECIAL WARFARE COMBAT-CRAFT CREWMAN, AND EXPEDITIONARY
    WARFARE TRAINING GROUPS);
    (6) NAVY EXPEDITIONARY MEDICAL SUPPORT COMMAND;
    (7) OCCUPATIONAL SUPPORT HEALTH UNITS;
    (Cool STRATEGIC COMMAND WING ONE/TASK FORCE 124;
    (9) FLEET READINESS CENTER WEST;
    (10) COMMANDER PATROL AND RECONNAISSANCE WING (CTF-57);
    (11) EXPEDITIONARY NAVAL AVIATION UNITS DIRECTLY ISO USMC AND NSW OPERATIONS;
    (12) NAVY EXPERIMENTAL DIVING UNIT;
    (13) COMMANDER SUBMARINE DEVELOPMENT SQUADRON 5 (SATURATION PROJECTS);
    (14) NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY SITE DETACHMENT SEA COMPONENT;
    (15) NAVAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY THURMONT;
    (16) SEABEE/CEC ASSIGNED TO UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS ACTIVITIES TO INCLUDE MCB
    KANEOHE, CAMP BUTLER OKINAWA, MCAS IWAKUNI, MCB QUANTICO;
    (17) OVERSEAS SHORE COMMANDS THAT CURRENTLY FALL UNDER PARAGRAPH 4.B.(3); AND
    (18) USCG PERSONNEL ARE AUTHORIZED TO WEAR NWU TYPE III IN COMPLIANCE WITH THIS
    NAVADMIN AND NAVY UNIFORM REGULATIONS. HOWEVER, FUNDING FOR INITIAL OUTFITTING AND
    SUSTAINMENT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF USCG.

Navy facilities command?
    Submarine development?
    Aviation commands?

how are these "tactical" and have a "need" for woodland digital camouflage?

I'm done here.

OP, you don't have anything special. You've got a bog-standard Navy Type III jacket. What is very special about it is that it showed up in the marketplace before the Navy has completely rolled them out among its sailors.

It is valuable? Right now, sure, but not like a provenanced Seal-worn AOR garment would be (or would continue to be). As the Navy continues to roll out the NWU Type III, you will see its prices drop in the secondary market.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:46 am