French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Share

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:55 am

    Salut Guys.

    Here's one of my favourite French Parka's to show you, very similar in concept to the famous German Parka with removable fleece liner, but the fit and feel of these French Parka's are superior in my humble opinion. As can be seen from the Photos the parka is dated 1986 and the liner is dated 1981.The sizing of these F1 parka's are deceiving too, this one is a 92L, L meaning long. So if you want to buy one, get a size smaller than normal...anyway hope you liked my ad hoc review of this fantastic Parka Smile


    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Age : 43
    Location : Washington, DC
    Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 600

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by sh4pak on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:01 pm

    Right off the bat, I can see why you'd prefer it to the Bundeswher. The fitted sleeve closures. One of the things that irritates me about the German parkas is the fact that, in the rain, if you're doing anything that involves lifting overhead, you get rain up the sleeve. Nice piece, Gary.

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by Easy Gee on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:04 pm

    sh4pak wrote:Right off the bat, I can see why you'd prefer it to the Bundeswher. The fitted sleeve closures. One of the things that irritates me about the German parkas is the fact that, in the rain, if you're doing anything that involves lifting overhead, you get rain up the sleeve. Nice piece, Gary.


    First may I congratulate you on leaving a reply to one of my French posts, you are the first and probably the last, I guess all things French are not to popular here Laughing

    And I totally agree , these Parka's are pretty good, with the sleeve thing, far superior design to BW stuff, but at the same time very similar in design Wink

    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Age : 43
    Location : Washington, DC
    Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 600

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by sh4pak on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:56 pm

    I keep up on your French collection, Gary-- mostly because I agree that French kit is superb, and I'm quite impressed with the amount of it you've managed to acquire. I have difficulty finding it here.

    Cheers,

    --D.

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by Easy Gee on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:37 pm

    sh4pak wrote:I keep up on your French collection, Gary-- mostly because I agree that French kit is superb, and I'm quite impressed with the amount of it you've managed to acquire. I have difficulty finding it here.

    Cheers,

    --D.


    Great cheers Mate Smile

    And yeah I am on a complete Franco-kit journey at the moment.

    I can well imagine it's not too common on your shores, it's not excactly too comon over here, but not hard either to source.

    Now if it was DPM, you would be overwhelmed with it, in fact maybe bored of seeing it, hence my need to source French kit Wink

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3706

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by Gulf91 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:47 pm

    Easy Gee wrote:
    sh4pak wrote:I keep up on your French collection, Gary-- mostly because I agree that French kit is superb, and I'm quite impressed with the amount of it you've managed to acquire. I have difficulty finding it here.

    Cheers,

    --D.


    Great cheers Mate Smile

    And yeah I am on a complete Franco-kit journey at the moment.

    I can well imagine it's not too common on your shores, it's not excactly too comon over here, but not hard either to source.

    Now if it was DPM, you would be overwhelmed with it, in fact maybe bored of seeing it, hence my need to source French kit Wink

    Its getting even less common over here now that Gary is snapping everything up Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

    Keep up the good work Wink

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by Easy Gee on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:53 pm

    Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:
    sh4pak wrote:I keep up on your French collection, Gary-- mostly because I agree that French kit is superb, and I'm quite impressed with the amount of it you've managed to acquire. I have difficulty finding it here.

    Cheers,

    --D.


    Great cheers Mate Smile

    And yeah I am on a complete Franco-kit journey at the moment.

    I can well imagine it's not too common on your shores, it's not excactly too comon over here, but not hard either to source.

    Now if it was DPM, you would be overwhelmed with it, in fact maybe bored of seeing it, hence my need to source French kit Wink

    Its getting even less common over here now that Gary is snapping everything up Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

    Keep up the good work Wink


    Cheers ,Rich and you may just have a point.


    BUT...I'm still after 64 model Trousers Very Happy

    JYN
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Age : 54
    Location : France
    Registration date : 2011-05-31
    Number of posts : 84

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by JYN on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 am

    Hi Gary,

    This parka was very useful during the cold winter morning in Germ&ny. Specially during my training period when I had to get my breakfast in a different part ot the garrison. We were wearing a blue track suit (we were looking as smurfs)and crappy thin white trainers. We were allowed to wear the parka but we had to roll the hood. Further then, it was very useful during guards.

    JYN

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by Easy Gee on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:22 pm

    JYN wrote:Hi Gary,

    This parka was very useful during the cold winter morning in Germ&ny. Specially during my training period when I had to get my breakfast in a different part ot the garrison. We were wearing a blue track suit (we were looking as smurfs)and crappy thin white trainers. We were allowed to wear the parka but we had to roll the hood. Further then, it was very useful during guards.

    JYN


    Ah, splendid, that's what I love to hear , a Frenchman and his first- hand experience of wearing one of these Parka's....excellent information Jean-Yves,many thanks for looking and for your memories of these Parka's. Very Happy

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:14 am

    Another Parka from the collection, Parka dated 1965,liner dated 1986.


    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:07 am

    Here's another example ,this one is dated 1985 and in a not so common size 86c.


    Sponsored content

    Re: French F1 sateen 300 parka with liner.

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:29 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:29 pm