IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

MTP shirt / jacket / blouse from the BBC's Strike Back television show

John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-09-11
    Number of posts : 234

MTP shirt / jacket  / blouse from the BBC's Strike Back television show Empty MTP shirt / jacket / blouse from the BBC's Strike Back television show

Post by John Brown Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:05 pm

I've tried to Google what this shirt may be called, but all I get are ebay links and links for the Combat Uniform (which is a different beast)

On the BBC/Cinemax show "Chris Ryan's Strike Back" (or just "Strike Back"), the British soldiers are shown wearing this top, and I was wonndering if it's a "TV fabrication" or a real item.

MTP shirt / jacket  / blouse from the BBC's Strike Back television show ?di=MJ7V

It has no shoulder pockets (or apparently any pockets on the sleeves), and it has a button-down rank tab and pocket flaps. The Union Jack is apparently sewn directly to the sleeve. It does not appear to have a mandarin collar.

MTP shirt / jacket  / blouse from the BBC's Strike Back television show ?di=AQNU

Some of the uniform collar points have a button on them, but I haven't been able to make out a corresponding button hole on the other collar point.

So, is it a "real" item?

If so, what is it called?

TIA
    2/1kiwi
    2/1kiwi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Dan
    Registration date : 2011-03-03
    Number of posts : 368

MTP shirt / jacket  / blouse from the BBC's Strike Back television show Empty Re: MTP shirt / jacket / blouse from the BBC's Strike Back television show

Post by 2/1kiwi Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:42 am

I've got one, will get some pics up soonish, the uniforms at work. My cousin brought back a set from Afghanistan and the shirt dosent have any of the pockets on the sleeves and has a normal collar.

Cheers
    Dan
    MTP
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-06-09
    Number of posts : 16

MTP shirt / jacket  / blouse from the BBC's Strike Back television show Empty Re: MTP shirt / jacket / blouse from the BBC's Strike Back television show

Post by MTP Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:02 pm

Its the S95 style MTP shirt it was the stop gap between DPM and MTP PCS.
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

Post by sobota Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:39 pm

yep, real deal, when i had my CS95 style MTP shirt there was a button on the collar too, i distinctly remember it
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

Post by Bury_Dave Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:41 am

MTP wrote:Its the S95 style MTP shirt it was the stop gap between DPM and MTP PCS.

Yep, spot on there.

I've heard on the grapevine that they are going back to the S95 pattern too. Also that UKSF have been told to hand back in all their Multicam as they are now going to be given SF uniforms in MTP but Crye cut.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 pm