IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket. Empty USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket.

Post by Gulf91 Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:42 pm

Not much use out in the boonies but looks great down the boozer with a pair of 501s and some Converse Chuck Hi.

I take it not issue but does it have any age or is it just a modern made jacket?

USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket. DSCF0012_zpsa9fde74a

USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket. DSCF0011_zpsb81e85d4

USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket. DSCF0010_zpsac0bbf5f

USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket. DSCF0009_zpse00176cd
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket. Empty Re: USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket.

Post by 1stDivVet Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:08 am

I've got mine from the Navy in the mid'late 80's(blue with blue and white US Navy logo) and my Army one from the early 90's(black with black and yellow US ARMY). These were a PX purchase jacket. My Army one has my basic training unit logo on the back and a bunch of patches.

Fins...

Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket. Empty Re: USMC Red Basebll/College type jacket.

Post by Gulf91 Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:38 am

Cheers Fins,old or not I love the vintage look to it Wink
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Post by sh4pak Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 pm

I grew up around Marine bases in Southern California, and these were a fairly common manifestation during the 1980's and 90's. Guys would ship out, and come back with lots of trophy decorations on them (assuming they hadn't purchased similar garments in Okinawa, or wherever-- you'd see some wild stuff back then, in terms of custom embroidery). It was a status-symbol, back in the day, and as much as it was a bit trying, at the time, I must admit that I miss it.

You got it right with "vintage." Apparently, it was my own vintage. =]
    imagehunter
    imagehunter
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Johnny
    Registration date : 2012-11-21
    Number of posts : 117

Post by imagehunter Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:22 am

I've got a nice Air Force one ,Like new, blue with yellow and white ,Lrage 42-44, looking to trade it for item/s I want
    Johnny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 pm