IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Beret

grimlin13
    grimlin13

Location : In the midddle of nowhere,at the end of the line Kansas
    Registration date : 2013-02-07
    Number of posts : 4

Black Beret Empty Black Beret

Post by grimlin13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:24 am

I found this beret about twenty years ago in Oregon at a garage sale.The lady selling it knew nothing about it.I put it away and forgot about it.I got it out a couple of weeks ago and figured that I`d try to learn a little about it.The beret is three piece contruction, medium wieght wool.There is a satin crown with a plastic diamond sewn inside.There is a small round tag inside the plastic diamond,it is white with red print.I cant read what it says because it is faded and may not be in English.There is a partial lining that is light tan and has a very faint red mark/stamp,that is circular,on it.Couldn`t really get a good picture of the mark.The front of the beret is embroidered with the letters S.F.V. over a heart shaped peace sign. the numbers 6 and 9 are embroidered inside the top sections of the peace sign. The sweat band is made of smooth soft black vinyl.Any opinions on this beret would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for looking,
    grimlin13

http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/grimlin13/library/Black%20Vietnam%20Beret
    grimlin13
    grimlin13

Location : In the midddle of nowhere,at the end of the line Kansas
    Registration date : 2013-02-07
    Number of posts : 4

Black Beret Empty Re: Black Beret

Post by grimlin13 Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:21 am

grimlin13 wrote:I found this beret about twenty years ago in Oregon at a garage sale.The lady selling it knew nothing about it.I put it away and forgot about it.I got it out a couple of weeks ago and figured that I`d try to learn a little about it.The beret is three piece contruction, medium wieght wool.There is a satin crown with a plastic diamond sewn inside.There is a small round tag inside the plastic diamond,it is white with red print.I cant read what it says because it is faded and may not be in English.There is a partial lining that is light tan and has a very faint red mark/stamp,that is circular,on it.Couldn`t really get a good picture of the mark.The front of the beret is embroidered with the letters S.F.V. over a heart shaped peace sign. the numbers 6 and 9 are embroidered inside the top sections of the peace sign. The sweat band is made of smooth soft black vinyl.Any opinions on this beret would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for looking,
    grimlin13

http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/grimlin13/library/Black%20Vietnam%20Beret

Does anyone have any opinions or know anything about this beret?

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:35 pm