Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Share

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3706

    Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:29 am


















    Camo_fiend
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Name : Ben
    Location : The other side of the big pond
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2649

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Camo_fiend on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:54 am

    A 29 inch waist is a large? What model is this, Hobbit? Laughing

    Interesting pattern, though.


    _________________
    Interested in any European digital camo.

    See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3706

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 am

    Labels are weird and make no sense as the sizes are way off and also a Trouser label in the Jacket!!!

    Just a Number
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Location : Over the water
    Registration date : 2012-12-21
    Number of posts : 46

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Just a Number on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:47 am

    Actually those labels look just like the labels in my Chinese knock-offs of SW Tiger Stripe.

    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Location : New England, US
    Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5571

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by CollectinSteve on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:12 am

    Never seen anything like this myself.

    For sure it is Chinese manufactured. The question is if it is "genuine" or "commercial". The cut is Middle Eastern (ACU + epaulettes) style, which doesn't mean much any more. The hat is interesting as it appears designed for specific badging. That may indicate this is not commercial.

    Steve

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3706

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 am

    Interesting.

    I thought it could be Middle Eastern due to as Steve has pointed out the eppaulettes and style of belt loops.

    Camo_fiend
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Name : Ben
    Location : The other side of the big pond
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2649

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Camo_fiend on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:47 pm

    Don't the Iraqi's have a police pattern similar to this?


    _________________
    Interested in any European digital camo.

    See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/

    Flecktarn92
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

    Name : Oliver
    Location : New York, USA
    Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 500

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Flecktarn92 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:46 pm

    I'm pretty sure its Rothco brand. I see their tags a lot and those look exactly like them. They had some kind of urban set made a few years ago and have recently brought them back.

    vonstuck
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Location : FRANCE
    Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 2473

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by vonstuck on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:08 pm






    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:31 am

    Fast and furious 6

    The digital Spanish army uniform !

    Towards the end of the movie the bad guy wants some sort of chip so its taken to an army base to hide. All the soldiers at the base wear this uniform and I believe the high ranking wear a baseball cap too.

    Given that this movie was largely filmed in England its quiet easy to say some props were put into our market, bit like COMPAT.

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3706

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Gulf91 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:03 am

    bravo_2_zero wrote:Fast and furious 6

    The digital Spanish army uniform !

    Towards the end of the movie the bad guy wants some sort of chip so its taken to an army base to hide. All the soldiers at the base wear this uniform and I believe the high ranking wear a baseball cap too.

    Given that this movie was largely filmed in England its quiet easy to say some props were put into our market, bit like COMPAT.

    Nice one-Thanks.

    HATE that series of films but guess Ill have to check it out now.

    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Name : Arch
    Location : Kentucky, USA
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3169

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by nkomo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:02 pm

    Those yellow tags are commonly seen in modern Iraqi camouflage uniforms.


    _________________
    Always looking for Central American militaria 1965 to 1991. Especially items relating to Coronel Velasquez El Salvador Armed Forces

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3706

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Gulf91 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:22 pm

    None of the 3 items seem to have the Iraqi flag in the pattern.

    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Name : Arch
    Location : Kentucky, USA
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3169

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by nkomo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:31 pm

     I have two sets of modern Iraqi camouflage and one black Iraqi uniform and none of them have the Iraqi flag anywhere in the pattern.  The use of the Iraqi flag in the pattern may have been used in some camos, but certainly not in all.

     The Iraqi SOF brown digital set I own doesn't have the Iraqi flag anywhere in the pattern.  I also own a set of Iraqi desert MARPATs and that doesn't have the Iraqi flag in the pattern either.

    http://iacmc.forumotion.com/t7518-iraqi-special-operations-forces-camo-uniforms


    Last edited by nkomo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Always looking for Central American militaria 1965 to 1991. Especially items relating to Coronel Velasquez El Salvador Armed Forces

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3706

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Gulf91 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:37 pm

    Excellent,so looking like it could well be Iraqi then?

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3706

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Gulf91 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:41 pm

    vonstuck wrote:




    Not that it means anything definitive but just checked the sleeve pocket on mine and tab is the same as on the chaps in the pic.


    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Name : Arch
    Location : Kentucky, USA
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3169

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by nkomo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:43 pm

     I took some pictures of the yellow tags found in the modern Iraqi uniforms.  These type tags are found in all three of my sets.



     This is the tag that is found in the JACKET.  Note it says trousers.



     Here is a close up of the Iraqi desert MARPAT.  No flags that I can see, but it does have an Eagle, Globe, Anchor and USMC in the pattern.  The Chinese who copied the pattern even included the EGA/USMC logo.



    _________________
    Always looking for Central American militaria 1965 to 1991. Especially items relating to Coronel Velasquez El Salvador Armed Forces

    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:07 pm

    nkomo wrote:  I took some pictures of the yellow tags found in the modern Iraqi uniforms.  These type tags are found in all three of my sets.



     This is the tag that is found in the JACKET.  Note it says trousers.



     Here is a close up of the Iraqi desert MARPAT.  No flags that I can see, but it does have an Eagle, Globe, Anchor and USMC in the pattern.  The Chinese who copied the pattern even included the EGA/USMC logo.


    The tags can and can't mean anything. I have exact same tags in a set of the very first replica ACU multicam poplin uniforms to hit eBay 8 years or so ago. They were made in China crap that faided white tint in the sun ( still have them somewhere ). I think well I'm 100% sure these were made in China and sold in the many Airsoft eBay shops coming out of Hong Kong. I know they do many print like DDPM, black,DPM and this.
    It wouldn't be beyond say Iraq to order them direct as I guess with countries pulling out and cash stopping rolling in, the quality will suffer such as flag symbols removed from camo.

    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Name : Arch
    Location : Kentucky, USA
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3169

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by nkomo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:10 pm

    Thanks for the comments, Eric. All three sets came straight out of Ft. Bragg. I have bo doubt on the provenance of each item.


    _________________
    Always looking for Central American militaria 1965 to 1991. Especially items relating to Coronel Velasquez El Salvador Armed Forces

    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:25 pm

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Special-Force-Combat-Zipper-Uniform-Shirt-Pants-V3-Navy-Blue-XL-/130620842466?pt=AU_Hunting&hash=item1e699be1e2

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Baseball-Cap-with-Velcro-Attachment-Base-ABU-/140612160178?pt=AU_Men_Accessories&hash=item20bd234ab2

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SWAT-Digital-Urban-Camo-V3-BDU-Uniform-Shirt-Pants-/190755532147?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item2c69ea6d73

    This one has a photo of yellow tags

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-BDU-Uniform-Field-Shirt-Pants-V3-Digi-ACU-S-/310651899790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48544bcf8e

    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Name : Arch
    Location : Kentucky, USA
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3169

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by nkomo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:41 pm

    Eric,
    I wasn't debating the fact that these uniforms are coming out of China. I merely related the fact that these yellow tags are found in Iraqi used uniforms and we know the Iraqis are getting a lor of their uniforms out of China.

    I posted pics of my tags as I know the provenance of each uniform and know for a fact they were used by Iraqi Forces. In fact, the two Iraqi SOF pieces were most likely worn by a US Special Forces advisor (3rd SFG) to the Iraqi Special Forces.

    I do understand your point that the yellow tags aren't a true indication of usage.


    _________________
    Always looking for Central American militaria 1965 to 1991. Especially items relating to Coronel Velasquez El Salvador Armed Forces

    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:49 pm

    nkomo wrote:Eric,
     I wasn't debating the fact that these uniforms are coming out of China.  I merely related the fact that these yellow tags are found in Iraqi used uniforms and we know the Iraqis are getting a lor of their uniforms out of China.

     I posted pics of my tags as I know the provenance of each uniform and know for a fact they were used by Iraqi Forces.  In fact, the two Iraqi SOF pieces were most likely worn by a US Special Forces advisor (3rd SFG) to the Iraqi Special Forces.

     I do understand your point that the yellow tags aren't a true indication of usage.

    Yeah it's just where it gets all confusing when military uses off the shelf stuff what anyone can buy and they use uniforms with peel off insignia. I guess if you don't get it off the wearer then we can only guess.

    I had a quick view over the uniforms being sold out of china by Airsoft shops and WOW , the uniforms retail for more than the real deal. An ACU uniform cost less than say $15 USD here in UK , copy $75 !!!!

    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Name : Arch
    Location : Kentucky, USA
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3169

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by nkomo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:56 pm

    bravo_2_zero wrote:
    nkomo wrote:Eric,
     I wasn't debating the fact that these uniforms are coming out of China.  I merely related the fact that these yellow tags are found in Iraqi used uniforms and we know the Iraqis are getting a lor of their uniforms out of China.

     I posted pics of my tags as I know the provenance of each uniform and know for a fact they were used by Iraqi Forces.  In fact, the two Iraqi SOF pieces were most likely worn by a US Special Forces advisor (3rd SFG) to the Iraqi Special Forces.

     I do understand your point that the yellow tags aren't a true indication of usage.

    Yeah it's just where it gets all confusing when military uses off the shelf stuff what anyone can buy and they use uniforms with peel off insignia. I guess if you don't get it off the wearer then we can only guess.

    I had a quick view over the uniforms being sold out of china by Airsoft shops and WOW , the uniforms retail for more than the real deal. An ACU uniform cost less than say $15 USD here in UK , copy $75 !!!!

    And that is why collecting modern camouflage, especially from places like Iraq, is hard now and will be even harder as time progresses. Like you said, if you don't get it directly from the wearer, there will always be a question as to authenticity. That is one reason why I travel hours to go to the US Army bases and hunt for surplus. Much higher likliehood of an item being original.


    _________________
    Always looking for Central American militaria 1965 to 1991. Especially items relating to Coronel Velasquez El Salvador Armed Forces

    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

    Location : New England, US
    Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5571

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by CollectinSteve on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:39 pm

    Remember that the Chinese factories making the cheap knock-offs are sometimes the same ones doing genuine contract work.  And if the customer isn't willing to pay for nice, unique tags... then they get what they get.  This is why you see these cheap tags in all sorts of things.  It was true back in the BDU days as well.  It's only gotten worse.

    On top of that, quality costs money. A country like Sweden isn't going to accept things that are out of spec, like bad sizing labels for example. But for a country like Iraq? Even if we don't consider kickbacks and other forms of corruption, I don't see Iraq as being particularly concerned about the little details being correct.

    To me this set is Iraqi.  Or at least the Iraqis purchased some of them for use, with the factory either selling off overruns or just relabeled them and put them out to the commercial market.  Either way, I'd assume it is "genuine" until proven otherwise.

    Steve

    jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

    Registration date : 2011-07-29
    Number of posts : 1017

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by jimmyduncan23 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:44 pm

    Same can be said about the afghan made patches, they are used by ANA also a lot are bought by soldiers and sold else where, just because they were not issued doesn't mean they are not real or fakes in my opinion.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Unknown Black/Grey Digital BDU Shirt,Trs and Ball Cap.

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:43 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:43 am