IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag

oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Dan M
    Registration date : 2011-06-10
    Number of posts : 131

ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag Empty ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag

Post by oceanfrontguy Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Picked these pants up today at a local thrift shop! They probably came from down the street where ADS is headquarted here in Virginia Beach. I cant seem to find any photos of ANA wearing gray uniforms. Were these specific to a certain unit or maybe prototypes? The green labels, especially the "severe penalties" label is pretty cool! These look a lot like Propper uniform pants but with lower calf pockets with Velcro attached.... Any ideas? These rare? And i take it the severe penalties warning is more for over there if say Taliban or someone acquired them right? Not a person in the US? Smile

ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag DSC_5571_zps18c36f7f

ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag DSC_5575_zpsaa9f7d70

ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag DSC_5576_zps4dbcbb8e

ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag DSC_5577_zps2b4261f1

ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag DSC_5572_zps9e310629

ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag DSC_5573_zpsc6ee57b7
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2011-07-29
    Number of posts : 1482

ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag Empty Re: ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag

Post by jimmyduncan23 Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:40 am

Nice uniform the penalties it has on it are afghan law not US law, your safe, as far as im aware there is a lot of variations in colours for the ANP from bright blue to greyish blue as the uniform I have and to the greyness of your, but it might be a special unit issue too.
    Toasted Skittle
    Toasted Skittle
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Ian
    Registration date : 2012-07-01
    Number of posts : 74

ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag Empty Re: ANA Gray Field Pants with Green "Severe Pentaties" Warning Tag

Post by Toasted Skittle Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:03 pm

oceanfrontguy wrote:Picked these pants up today at a local thrift shop!
    [quote="Toasted Skittle"]WOW Lucky, wish my local thrifties carried goods like that

oceanfrontguy wrote:I cant seem to find any photos of ANA wearing gray uniforms. Were these specific to a certain unit or maybe prototypes? The green labels, especially the "severe penalties" label is pretty cool!
    Those could be Afghan Police Trousers or maybe a cheaper ANA replacement instead of giving everyone the digital uniforms, but overall still awesome and thanks for sharing!

Wish I could obtain one. xD

squirrely
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-02-26
    Number of posts : 25

Post by squirrely Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Looks quite a bit like ANP trousers.
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Dan M
    Registration date : 2011-06-10
    Number of posts : 131

Post by oceanfrontguy Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Everyone says ANP but the tag says "ANA" on it.. . Does ANP get their uniforms from ANA?
    squirrely
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-02-26
    Number of posts : 25

Post by squirrely Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Could be the same factory making both items - it's not unknown for manufacturers to take shortcuts if the end user isn't particularly discriminating. Unless you could find pictures of the ANA wearing them...
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2011-07-29
    Number of posts : 1482

Post by jimmyduncan23 Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:53 pm

I was thinking the same thing, same factory wrong tag, I have afghan uniform that has a shirt tag on the pants, would not think the quality control would be the best
    Toasted Skittle
    Toasted Skittle
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Ian
    Registration date : 2012-07-01
    Number of posts : 74

Post by Toasted Skittle Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:00 am

oceanfrontguy wrote:Everyone says ANP but the tag says "ANA" on it.. . Does ANP get their uniforms from ANA?
    Well, some Afghan Companies make uniforms for both the Police and Armed forces in the same factory, tag mix up? don't be surprised.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:12 am