IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. Empty Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots.

Post by Gulf91 Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Seem to have had little use and just a shame about the moth damage to parts of the wool. Most holes not all the way through but a few are.

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCF0002_zpsa141f59e

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCF0001_zps82068e5c

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCF0008_zpsce41825a

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCF0003_zpsa1e6949c

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCF0005_zps765a43db

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCF0006_zpsebe10c09

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCF0004_zpsdd582b5d

spukmeyer
    spukmeyer
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Carlos
    Registration date : 2010-06-04
    Number of posts : 303

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. Empty Re: Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots.

Post by spukmeyer Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:16 am

Excellent ..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. Empty Re: Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots.

Post by Gulf91 Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:27 pm

spukmeyer wrote:Excellent ..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Many Thanks.

Stupid question but is the 9 58 the date?
    spukmeyer
    spukmeyer
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by spukmeyer Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Maybe if I'm not sure .......These are mine, which are more modern than yours.

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCN7744
    subir imagenes gratis

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCN7748
    subir fotos gratis

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCN7750
    subir imagenes

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCN7754
    subir gif

Another couple, who are brand new.

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCI0240
    subir imagenes gratis

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCI0242
    sube

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCI0241
    subir fotos a internet

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCI0245
    subir fotos

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCI0243
    subir imagen

Winter Leather and Felt Jack Boots. DSCI0244
    subir gif
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:47 pm

Many Thanks for the pics. Even with the moth damage was very very happy with mine as have been after a pair for quite a few years but most I have seen were the later type with the rubber soles and even these arent cheap these days so when mine arrived and saw them was chuffed,and cheap as well which was a bonus.
    spukmeyer
    spukmeyer
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by spukmeyer Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:43 pm

I recommend that I have a season in a sealed bag with a few days how much anti moth balls, or put them in the freezer .......

A friend who received a diver working army of Spanish Civil War, was like new is in, but during and shortly moth eggs hatched and we devoured the diver and part of the fabric of the room, so careful that our greatest enemies.
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

Post by thunderchild Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:28 am

a real nice pair of boots richard ,i too have a set but the much latter variant ,well done on a nice score
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:57 pm

thunderchild wrote:a real nice pair of boots richard ,i too have a set but the much latter variant ,well done on a nice score

Cheers,they may be easily available from Germany but as I 99.9% only buy from Ebay UK they were a good score.
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by thunderchild Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:30 pm

yours look well made and have a more third reich period jackboot look to them ,maybe its the layered heel and leather uppers ,i have a pair of TR officers private purchase jackboots so i see the similarities
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Not sure how close they are if at all to the WW2 types but know they were very popular with re enactors so even harder to find,at a decent price.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Of all the 100s of items I have,various gear from various countries and periods,a lot of which I will be getting rid of,have a soft spot for the EG stuff-maybe as the cold war was such a large part of mine(and anybody else of a similar age or older) growing up in the UK-same goes for The Falklands and Desert Storm/Op Granby as it was part of my growing up.
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by thunderchild Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:41 pm

the east german stuff is still around and fairly economical on the wallet too and i reckon getting even more collectable now so maybe the prices will rise as they become more scarce ,i agree though its the time periods we grew up in and of the most interest to me too ,i guess its the same for the older generation having more interest in the ww2 items ,my dad would listen to the beatles yet have no interest in my prodigy cd's when i was younger Very Happy
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:45 pm

Dont get me wrong,still have massive interest in WW2 but due to popularity of reenacting in the last 10-15 years or so-unless you are wealthy and have a hefty collecting budget,a lot of prices have trebled or more(same I guess could be said for militaria in general but more so for WW2)so other than a lot I was lucky enough to have bought years ago fairly cheap by todays standards but not back then,I am priced out of the market. Vietnam,another of my main passions-lucky enough to have bought what I needed years ago and prices still quite reasonable even today. Brit post war-50s-up to late 80s,still at moment plenty about and prices still ok.

Anything after 1991(apart from helmets),probably have some bits but for the most part,have no interest in whatsoever.
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by thunderchild Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:54 pm

i think helmet wise the most modern us helmet i own is the pasgt with the two piece chinstrap and just haven't progressed any further into modern stuff ,i think the biggest turn off was the different nations losing there camo identity and going down the digi pattern road etc its all very the same now ,i quite like the russian stuff though and maybe the mutlicam /multi terrain pattern gear but never bought any apart from helmet covers
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:58 pm

thunderchild wrote:i think helmet wise the most modern us helmet i own is the pasgt with the two piece chinstrap and just haven't progressed any further into modern stuff ,i think the biggest turn off was the different nations losing there camo identity and going down the digi pattern road etc its all very the same now ,i quite like the russian stuff though and maybe the mutlicam /multi terrain pattern gear but never bought any apart from helmet covers

Pretty much EXACTLY what I was thinking,like the grey US Army and Airforce patterns but as for Multicam and MTP-not for me,all looks the same.

Same goes for cars these days,take off the badge/make and they all look the same-give me 60s/70s US and British motors anyday,plenty of variety,each with their own unique identity.

Dont actively collect modern helmets but had to have a US ACH for the collection and a 6A.
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by thunderchild Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:35 am

i had a brief foray into trying to collect a mich /ach but was so out of my depth i picked up what was a very well put together airsoft replica ,the digi cover , digi cat'e eye band and rhino mount and chinstrap arrangment were original but i started having doubts when i saw a glimpse at the liner bolts ,i contacted the seller before he had time to send out that i didnt want what was a very misleading and contrived helmet ,he refunded me and i havent attempted another purchase since ,i know where i am with the pasgt as its within my comfort zone

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:11 pm