IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Help on my Turkish Camo

abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-09-26
    Number of posts : 282

Help on my Turkish Camo Empty Help on my Turkish Camo

Post by abefroman Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:07 am

I dont know what I have here. On the Egean uniform there are no tags and the fabric is thick and looks like it was just sewn. I saw the other "shelter half" thread where this is discussed but none of the fake item pictures are still up so I don't know. It came with a helmet and web gear that is all definitely legit, however.  
    Help on my Turkish Camo 20150940
    Help on my Turkish Camo 20150942

As for the woodland stuff, there are tags and but they are almost sewn on:

Help on my Turkish Camo 20150939
    Help on my Turkish Camo 20150943
    Help on my Turkish Camo 20150937
    Help on my Turkish Camo 20150938

Here is the web gear and helmet that came with it:

Help on my Turkish Camo 20150944
    Help on my Turkish Camo 20150945

Last edited by abefroman on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Help on my Turkish Camo Empty Re: Help on my Turkish Camo

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:24 am

The Woodland set is 100% legit. Quality is often not the number one priority of the Turkish armed forces Wink The newer stuff is huge improvement in that regard.

The Aegean set is, as far as I know, an unknown. The seller of these sets is generally reliable. He told me when he first grabbed them (MANY years ago) that they were in a huge pile in a decommissioned military base. In fact, I think he sent me pictures of the base (though not of the pile). I have no reason to doubt him.

For sure the uniform is *not* genuine issue. It is a different pattern, the cloth is horrid, and as far as I've seen nobody has one that is used at all, not to mention one with badging. The seller had a tough time getting rid of these so at some point he stuck badging on them to move them along at a fairly high price. The badging might not be technically incorrect, but it certainly wasn't on the uniforms before he got them.

His best guess, and I agree with it, is the uniforms were made for some sort of parade/formal purpose and were never used. Or at least this batch of them was never used. If true that puts these uniforms in a gray area for most collectors; not official kit, but a tie with military use.
    Steve
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by abefroman Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:08 am

CollectinSteve wrote:The Woodland set is 100% legit.  Quality is often not the number one priority of the Turkish armed forces Wink  The newer stuff is huge improvement in that regard.

The Aegean set is, as far as I know, an unknown.  The seller of these sets is generally reliable.  He told me when he first grabbed them (MANY years ago) that they were in a huge pile in a decommissioned military base.  In fact, I think he sent me pictures of the base (though not of the pile).  I have no reason to doubt him.

For sure the uniform is *not* genuine issue.  It is a different pattern, the cloth is horrid, and as far as I've seen nobody has one that is used at all, not to mention one with badging.  The seller had a tough time getting rid of these so at some point he stuck badging on them to move them along at a fairly high price.  The badging might not be technically incorrect, but it certainly wasn't on the uniforms before he got them.

His best guess, and I agree with it, is the uniforms were made for some sort of parade/formal purpose and were never used.  Or at least this batch of them was never used.  If true that puts these uniforms in a gray area for most collectors; not official kit, but a tie with military use.
    Steve

Steve, great information. Why am i not surprised you would know exactly what it is? Very Happy Alas, I am going to have to return it. What about the helmet cover? It has an elastic band which looks like the real deal.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:18 am

Cover is made from the same material, so I'd doubt that too.

Webbing looks great though!

Steve
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 3395

Post by vonstuck Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:49 am

For the egean pattern, the colors and the drawing of the pattern are not good
    See my variant pattern here: https://iacmc.forumotion.com/t561-shelter-half-s

Gilles
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by abefroman Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:30 pm

vonstuck wrote:For the egean pattern, the colors and the drawing of the pattern are not good
    See my variant pattern here: https://iacmc.forumotion.com/t561-shelter-half-s

Gilles

Thanks Gilles. I dont notice a difference in the drawings of the pattern. However, the colors appear off. The base color on mine looks like it should be more gray. Should there be tags on it?
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by abefroman Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:31 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:Cover is made from the same material, so I'd doubt that too.

Webbing looks great though!

Steve

Damn, I guess I will have to return that too. The helmet has Turkish markings on it, so I dont see how that could be "fake."
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by vonstuck Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:12 pm

http://vonstuckcamouflage.free.fr/turquie.php

Only one of my garment has a label, and it is a 5 colors pattern, as the picture of soldiers in use
    So, It is possible that all my other garment are fake
    Also the drawing of the pattern are all a little different
    I need to write these comments in my website
    Gilles
    tlundberg1
    tlundberg1
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-04-03
    Number of posts : 397

Post by tlundberg1 Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:05 pm

Here's my issue set - as Gilles and Vonstuck indicate, the colors and pattern of your set are distinctly different. This uniform doesn't have a label either.
    Help on my Turkish Camo 04Turkey_zpsbbedd0a7
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:53 pm

Gilles,

I only see two variants on your website. One has large green blobs and the other has 1/2 of the blobs in brown. I do see that the shapes are not 100% identical, but I think of that as production differences rather than variants. I also do not see a difference in the pattern from the "parade" type except the colors are much richer.

I've had two of these uniforms and I think my first one (which I traded) had no label. My second one does.

My impression is that they made these uniforms in small runs and details changed from run to run. However, they all follow the same basic uniform features. These features are also common to other Turkish uniforms. Specifically cut corner patch pockets and hidden buttons. The "parade" uniform lacks hidden buttons.

Steve
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by abefroman Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:01 am

CollectinSteve wrote:Gilles,

I only see two variants on your website.  One has large green blobs and the other has 1/2 of the blobs in brown.  I do see that the shapes are not 100% identical, but I think of that as production differences rather than variants.  I also do not see a difference in the pattern from the "parade" type except the colors are much richer.

I've had two of these uniforms and I think my first one (which I traded) had no label.  My second one does.

My impression is that they made these uniforms in small runs and details changed from run to run.  However, they all follow the same basic uniform features.  These features are also common to other Turkish uniforms.  Specifically cut corner patch pockets and hidden buttons.  The "parade" uniform lacks hidden buttons.

Steve

Are you sure, my parade model has hidden buttons. But I agree with you that the design looks the same.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:24 am

abefroman wrote:

Are you sure, my parade model has hidden buttons. But I agree with you that the design looks the same.

Not the chest pockets Very Happy It should be both the chest pockets and the front closure.

Steve
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by vonstuck Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:53 am

Help on my Turkish Camo Turqui13

click here for the full size of this picture: http://vonstuckcamouflage.free.fr/turquie/turquie37.pdf

The jacket of tlundberg1 is also 5 colors as this one and pattern you can see on soldier

Help on my Turkish Camo 100_3920

Help on my Turkish Camo 100_4014

Help on my Turkish Camo 100_3921

Help on my Turkish Camo 100_3922

Help on my Turkish Camo 100_4013

5 colors jacket in left, the jacket at left and right are very similar, just small detail different
    The pattern of the  jacket in center is similar than the first set
    For me, I have a doubt on all pattern who have not 5 colors
    http://vonstuckcamouflage.free.fr/turquie.php
    Gilles
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by abefroman Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:52 am

CollectinSteve wrote:
    abefroman wrote:

Not the chest pockets Very Happy  It should be both the chest pockets and the front closure.

Steve

I'm not sure I follow. All of my buttons are hidden.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:08 pm

abefroman wrote:

Looking at your photos I can see what looks to be button holes on both the chest and the leg pockets are exposed button types.  If these aren't button holes, then what are they? Turkish uniforms only have one button per chest pocket so there shouldn't be any stitching on the outside in that particular area. Compare the pocket flaps with your Woodland uniform to see what I mean.

Steve
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by abefroman Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:43 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:
    abefroman wrote:

Looking at your photos I can see what looks to be button holes on both the chest and the leg pockets are exposed button types.  If these aren't button holes, then what are they?  Turkish uniforms only have one button per chest pocket so there shouldn't be any stitching on the outside in that particular area.  Compare the pocket flaps with your Woodland uniform to see what I mean.

Steve

Now I follow. Thanks for clarifying, the pockets are indeed exposed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm