IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Venezuelan Uniforms

Venezuelan Uniforms Empty Venezuelan Uniforms

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:16 am

Hi everyone,
    I think items from Venezuela have become quite rare and hard to get, so I decided to share my items with you, I hope you like them!
    Here are two of my Venezuelan uniforms, aswell as some individual patches etc.
    The first one is a US BDU style camouflage uniform which was introduced in 1994 and replaced the earlier leaf style pattern. In 2005 Chavez decided to drop these uniforms and issued a plain olive BDU style uniform, called the 'Patriota', as seen below. The Paratroopers of the 42nd Brigade (probably because Chavez served in that unit), aswell as some other special units though were allowed to keep their camouflage BDUs.
    The assault vest also seen in the first photograph is designed to hold 3 magazines for the AK103 rifle. It also has a detachable holster for either a Glock 17 or a Browning High Power pistol & a spare magazine. It also features two large inner pockets and a backpack, similar to the US style buttpack can be attached to its back.

I will add the correct patches to the camouflage uniform as soon as I got them!

Venezuelan Uniforms Img_0111

Venezuelan Uniforms Img_0112

Venezuelan Uniforms Img_0113

'Uniforme Patriota'

Venezuelan Uniforms Img_0114

The top left patch 'Ejercito Bolivariano' is the full colour patch of the one on the left sleeve of the 'Patriota' uniform as pictured above. This coloured version is worn for ceremonial services and things like that.
    The camouflaged patches are worn mainly by paratroopers and are of more recent issue. Before these came out, the regular green patches were worn.
    The medal on the right is a National Guard's medal, to commemorate the National Guard's anniversary on the 4th of August.
    The postcard is a christmas card from the Caracas Military Academy.

Venezuelan Uniforms Img_0115

I will add more Venezuelan items to this thread as soon as I can, incase you like to see them. I'm also always looking for new stuff, especially uniforms worn during the 1992 coup.

Kind regards
    Nils (tanker2nd)
    TennoHeikaNate
    TennoHeikaNate
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 342

Venezuelan Uniforms Empty Re: Venezuelan Uniforms

Post by TennoHeikaNate Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:53 pm

Very nice stuff Nils! South American stuff in general is woefully underappreciated, it's great to see others who share that idea. That vest must be quite rare. I'd love to see your other stuff as well.

-Nate
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 3414

Venezuelan Uniforms Empty Re: Venezuelan Uniforms

Post by vonstuck Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:21 pm

Venezuelan Uniforms 100_1222

Venezuelan Uniforms 100_1223

Venezuelan Uniforms 100_1310