IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Belgian national flag decal/transfers for M51 helmets and liners

Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Belgian national flag decal/transfers for M51 helmets and liners Empty Belgian national flag decal/transfers for M51 helmets and liners

Post by Wolverine Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Has anyone ever come across some fresh decal transfers as used on the left hand side of Belgian M51 helmets? I am looking for some original examples to fix up a couple damaged helmets.
    Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Mike Fincher
    Registration date : 2016-12-07
    Number of posts : 438

Belgian national flag decal/transfers for M51 helmets and liners Empty Re: Belgian national flag decal/transfers for M51 helmets and liners

Post by Antarmike Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Wolverine wrote:Has anyone ever come across some fresh decal transfers as used on the left hand side of Belgian M51 helmets? I am looking for some original examples to fix up a couple damaged helmets.
    Bump Me too!
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Belgian national flag decal/transfers for M51 helmets and liners Empty Re: Belgian national flag decal/transfers for M51 helmets and liners

Post by Wolverine Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:37 pm

I only ever came across one stale listing in a Belgian classified page that involved original helmet decals. The closest I have been able to find otherwise were some transfers sold by a modelling shop in the UK. One of the sizes was very close to one of the formats found on Belgian helmets.
    Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by Antarmike Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:59 pm

Thank you for you reply, My local sign shop may be able to get transfers made, but it will not be cheap. I will keep thinking about this problem I guess.
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Post by Wolverine Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:32 am

Yes, I imagine you would need to do a larger run to make it economical on a per unit basis.
    Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by Antarmike Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:58 am

Wolverine wrote:Yes, I imagine you would need to do a larger run to make it economical on a per unit basis.

But then I would be looking out for more helmets with poor decalls, and that wouldn't end up being very economic........ Very Happy
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:52 am

I have had and probably do still have some with both what looks like a waterslide decal of some sort and other with more of a vinyl type sticker,early and later???

Im sure the sticker types could be knocked up quite easily by someone with a vinyl cutter?
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Post by Wolverine Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:11 pm

I agree, the sticker types should be fairly easy to replicate. The water transfers, which I assume are much earlier, probably not so much. There is quite a wide variety of different styles and dimensions overall. And that doesn't even count the painted-on flags.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 am