IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

    MTP Barrack Shirt

    avatar
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major


    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by sobota Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:13 pm

    These have been around for a while now, but we *finally* got issued ours today. Barrack shirt, MTP, just like the good ol' days of 95's! Only differences ive found are the cuff buttons being covered and the top two buttons on the collar have been removed (we always cut them off anyway!).

    MTP Barrack Shirt 25ix99h

    MTP Barrack Shirt 30a9ce8

    MTP Barrack Shirt 2aj5ocn

    MTP Barrack Shirt 30dhz5s

    MTP Barrack Shirt Fvl1g3

    MTP Barrack Shirt 2ryopsm
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel


    Name : Alex
    Location : Austria
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2302

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by mylle Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:30 pm

    Is the barrack shirt made of a kind of rip stop fabric?
    avatar
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major


    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by sobota Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:34 am

    Its not ripstop like the old 95 field jackets but with the flash on a ripstop pattern is visible you're right, i didnt notice it until i uploaded the pictures. Below are pictures of the fabric with flash off and on respectively.

    MTP Barrack Shirt 2073qs3MTP Barrack Shirt 2zf4ozq
    avatar
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major


    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by sobota Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:36 am

    I can also confirm, after wearing one to work today, that the sizing is way off! I normally wear a 180/96 in PCS shirt but this 180/96 balloons out on the chest and the sleeves come past my hands, first port of call this morning was the SQMS!
    LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate


    Name : Lee
    Location : England
    Registration date : 2012-09-11
    Number of posts : 554

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by LeeKitchen1975 Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:00 pm

    Been on the hunt for a couple of these but non in my size and folk are labelling them as S95 shirts....so a bit Russian roulette! Cheers for sharing George! Smile
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel


    Name : Alex
    Location : Austria
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2302

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by mylle Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:38 pm

    Why did they even start to issue this kind of shirts?
    avatar
    James K
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant


    Location : Ringwood UK
    Registration date : 2015-09-19
    Number of posts : 155

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by James K Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:55 am

    Funny my son, in the Rifles, has just been issued with these. But they had to exchange their PCS field shirts (lightweight combat jacket) for them.  He keeps the UBACS and windproofs though.
    Bolty717
    Bolty717
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant


    Name : Bolty
    Location : New Zealand
    Registration date : 2012-11-22
    Number of posts : 330

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by Bolty717 Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:32 am

    Usually a barrack dress is to save money, anyone able to access the price versus the former shirt?
    avatar
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major


    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by sobota Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:44 am

    LeeKitchen1975 wrote:Been on the hunt for a couple of these but non in my size and folk are labelling them as S95 shirts....so a bit Russian roulette! Cheers for sharing George! Smile

    It really gets my goat when people do that! Everyones saying theyre the 'old shirts', they are soon educated! Very Happy
    avatar
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major


    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by sobota Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:45 am

    mylle wrote:Why did they even start to issue this kind of shirts?

    The first i knew about them was a bulletin in September last year saying the first batches were due in October 15.
    avatar
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major


    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by sobota Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:46 am

    James K wrote:Funny my son, in the Rifles, has just been issued with these. But they had to exchange their PCS field shirts (lightweight combat jacket) for them.  He keeps the UBACS and windproofs though.

    I suppose it varies between regts, we've kept all our PCS shirts.
    avatar
    James K
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant


    Location : Ringwood UK
    Registration date : 2015-09-19
    Number of posts : 155

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by James K Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:00 am

    sobota wrote:
    James K wrote:Funny my son, in the Rifles, has just been issued with these. But they had to exchange their PCS field shirts (lightweight combat jacket) for them.  He keeps the UBACS and windproofs though.

    I suppose it varies between regts, we've kept all our PCS shirts.

    Are you Infantry?
    avatar
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major


    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by sobota Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:25 am

    James K wrote:
    sobota wrote:
    James K wrote:Funny my son, in the Rifles, has just been issued with these. But they had to exchange their PCS field shirts (lightweight combat jacket) for them.  He keeps the UBACS and windproofs though.

    I suppose it varies between regts, we've kept all our PCS shirts.

    Are you Infantry?

    I'm a loggie
    avatar
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major


    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by sobota Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm

    Bolty717 wrote:Usually a barrack dress is to save money, anyone able to access the price versus the former shirt?  

    I checked today, the PCS 'jacket' is £9, barrack shirt is £9.58, not what i expected.
    Bolty717
    Bolty717
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant


    Name : Bolty
    Location : New Zealand
    Registration date : 2012-11-22
    Number of posts : 330

    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by Bolty717 Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:56 am

    sobota wrote:
    Bolty717 wrote:Usually a barrack dress is to save money, anyone able to access the price versus the former shirt?  

    I checked today, the PCS 'jacket' is £9, barrack shirt is £9.58, not what i expected.

    Fark we (NZ) should have gone MTP and save a $100NZD per shirt, £9 is only about $20NZD. Our shirts are $130 plus.

    Sponsored content


    MTP Barrack Shirt Empty Re: MTP Barrack Shirt

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:03 am