IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

webbing magazine pouch - similar to 1958 pattern

Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1407

webbing magazine pouch - similar to 1958 pattern Empty webbing magazine pouch - similar to 1958 pattern

Post by Wolverine Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:14 pm

I have seen these pouches for sale online from time to time, and happened upon this well used example in a surplus shop. It is somewhat shorter than a standard right-hand side 58 pattern magazine pouch. The partner, which I did not find of course, probably has the integral bayonet carrier.
    Approximate dimensions are 8 X 4.5 X 3 inches (height/width/depth).

Does anyone know where these were made, or which army/armies used them?

webbing magazine pouch - similar to 1958 pattern Pouch_10
    webbing magazine pouch - similar to 1958 pattern Pouch_11
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

webbing magazine pouch - similar to 1958 pattern Empty Re: webbing magazine pouch - similar to 1958 pattern

Post by zvez Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:33 pm

looks like south afrian pattern 64.
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1407

webbing magazine pouch - similar to 1958 pattern Empty Re: webbing magazine pouch - similar to 1958 pattern

Post by Wolverine Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:58 am

I looked at some pictures of SADF 64 pattern, but the ammunition pouches are not quite rectangular, and they have a D-shaped ring on the upper rear side for mating with the suspender hooks. This pouch, in contrast, has a narrow ring for mating with a webbing strap, as with the 58 pattern yoke. So I concluded that it is not South African, or at least not 64 pattern. I was thinking possibly Indian, Pakistani, or Iraqi?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:55 am