IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

C95 trousers issued in US Woodland and Desert Tri

LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Name : Lee
    Registration date : 2012-09-11
    Number of posts : 554

C95 trousers issued in US Woodland and Desert Tri  Empty C95 trousers issued in US Woodland and Desert Tri

Post by LeeKitchen1975 Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:05 pm

These are currently on sale on the bay...British issue C95 trousers but in US Eoodland and Desert Tri colour.

C95 trousers issued in US Woodland and Desert Tri  Img_2230
    C95 trousers issued in US Woodland and Desert Tri  Img_2232
    C95 trousers issued in US Woodland and Desert Tri  Img_2231
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-02-03
    Number of posts : 105

C95 trousers issued in US Woodland and Desert Tri  Empty Re: C95 trousers issued in US Woodland and Desert Tri

Post by Bert353 Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:07 pm

and they are not "experimental"?
    LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Name : Lee
    Registration date : 2012-09-11
    Number of posts : 554

C95 trousers issued in US Woodland and Desert Tri  Empty Re: C95 trousers issued in US Woodland and Desert Tri

Post by LeeKitchen1975 Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:45 pm

Quite a few of these have been on the bay over the last year including Norwegian camo. Coneen who produces the garments for the uk also contract for a number of other countries... the feeing from other collectors is that Coneen were sampling camos to other countries and just used the cs95 style as a Vehicle to promote the patterns.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6952

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:03 pm

Using existing infrastructure (including patterns, training, fasteners, etc) to produce items purely for the commercial market means making items without having to invest anything aside from the cloth. Compare that to the cost of making a new commercial line with new patterns and all that goes with it. Pretty smart way to quickly make a few extra quid, IMHO.

Steve

Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-02-03
    Number of posts : 105

Post by Bert353 Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:24 pm

It must be said that Coneen already produces at the lowest possible cost (I assume), If you see the patterns used, and where the uniforms are produced (China) it's not possible that a jacket or trousers cost them big time.

I do find that the tissue though is very nice, dries quickly, robust without beeing to rigid.
    About the patterns, (just as an example) if you look at the barracks shirts, at the end of the sleeves, that's a faux manchette, the tissue from the sleeve continues at the inside, and after that there is as simulated manchette sewn on, that's all producing at it's cheapest. on the other hand, the buttonholes are very well made!

Had another look at the above foto's, they do have a NSN and a contract number, indicating that some official body must have ordered them that way. correct me if i'm wrong?
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6952

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:36 am

Bert353 wrote:It must be said that Coneen already produces at the lowest possible cost (I assume), If you see the patterns used, and where the uniforms are produced (China) it's not possible that a jacket or trousers cost them big time.

The big expense comes from changing the pattern of construction. It doesn't matter where it is produced, that is a constant truth (even in China). So if a company wants to produce military style clothing as cheaply as possible, then they must select an existing pattern and find a company that already makes that style. This is one reason why you see Chinese made US BDU and ACU style uniforms, with only minor variations, used all over Africa and the Middle East.

Had another look at the above foto's, they do have a NSN and a contract number, indicating that some official body must have ordered them that way. correct me if i'm wrong?

Anybody can put a NSN on a label. There is nothing illegal about that and commercial items have a very long history of doing that. Contract numbers, however, generally can not be printed on something which is not legitimately part of that contract. To do that is fraud.

What is the contract number on your item?

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:08 am